Russia invades Ukraine

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Russia invades Ukraine

Postby Fostik » Wed May 18, 2022 3:16 pm

shubla wrote:They strongly think that eventually Russia will annex the areas captured so far, bringing them under the nuclear doctrine, effectively preventing Ukraine from taking them back ever again.

True, technically they can pretend that occupied territories is now russia, and then threat everyone with nuclear doctrine(which allows them use nuclear weapon if anyone tries to attack their territory)
The fun fact is that for all civilized world this will only look like nuclear offensive against country that fights it's territories back, which will only escalate nuclear threat for russia even harder.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Odynak » Wed May 18, 2022 4:01 pm

shubla wrote:https://www.understandingwar.org/
Interesting analyses.
They strongly think that eventually Russia will annex the areas captured so far, bringing them under the nuclear doctrine, effectively preventing Ukraine from taking them back ever again.

They also think that Russian army will suffer a total collapse if they don't stop their attack soon and start digging into more defensive positions.

They are digging right now.
Odynak

Postby shubla » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:31 pm

War keeps on going, more than 150 days already.
Hope that the counter attack in Herson will be a success.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fostik » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:09 pm

shubla wrote:War keeps on going, more than 150 days already.

Well there's already some success being reported in Vysokopillya, a 1000+ group of russnia surrounded by chad Ukrainians and have only two choices to give up or die.
But yeah waiting for counter attack success, unable to visit my parents in Kherson region due to war :(
Fostik

Postby Odynak » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:39 pm

shubla wrote:War keeps on going, more than 150 days already.

With the bridges damaged chances goes up.
Odynak

Postby Jalpha » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:42 pm

Everything is going according to plan.

Rumour mill states that corrupt Ukrainian forces have sold two HIMARS systems to Russian forces so far.

Someone in here was ranting about the Russians being orcs from Mordor but the real joke is that in that context Ukraine is essentially begging the urak'hai for assistance.

It will be interesting to see how things roll along as more equipment is donated. Australia even sent a bunch of bushmasters which are being used as ambulances mostly. One has been destroyed so far. They look funny to me in Ukrainian colours.

Meanwhile I've enrolled in a Russian language course because Russia is filing its teeth on a near peer while the west has been bullying the equivalent of wasteland bandits for the last hundred years (and repeatedly losing).
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Fostik » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:21 pm

Jalpha wrote:Everything is going according to plan.

Rumour mill states that corrupt Ukrainian forces have sold two HIMARS systems to Russian forces so far.

Look guys, this is how russian comfortable idiot looks like. His willingness to challenge mainstream obvious things is so strong, that he is ready to believe to first russian propaganda fake.
Fostik

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 pm

Jalpha wrote:Meanwhile I've enrolled in a Russian language course because I hear that all you need to get your hands on the children of Ukraine is a willingness to point and shoot a rifle with other russians.
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:24 pm

Fostik wrote:But yeah waiting for counter attack success, unable to visit my parents in Kherson region due to war :(

Are there shortages of stuff in stores etc.? I've assumed that life in west like kyiv and lviv is quite normal.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Ukraine Fights Back

Postby Trappin » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:41 am

The Ukraine propaganda war in the US is very hot right now. Lots of straight up lying on cable, radio and web news sites. CNN and NPR are especially bad. I don't watch Fox, but the radio news is almost as bad as CNN. BBC world news radio service is pure propaganda 24/7.

The so-called journalists and editors at the aforementioned news orgs are ignorant of UKR-RUS history, politically motivated and lazy. Lazy because they use Twitter as primary news source. Ignorant when talking about Ukrainian Bandera-OUN partisans and the very nasty partisan Soviet-Nazi warfare during and after WWII. Reading a wiki page and then writing up a story might be okay when reporting on Hollywood-celebrity trash news -- but it's literally a criminal act when reporting on war and things leading to war that get people killed.

Of all the different books I've read about 20th century war history? The thing that led to lots of murder and killing? It was the fucking journalists lying to their readers - getting people worked up - manipulating people. It's the writers who need to be dragged into the street for a good old fashioned horsewhipping. They claim special status? As if they are the sole arbiters of justice? F them.
Trappin

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar