world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

General discussion and socializing.

Re: world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

Postby dageir » Mon May 23, 2022 4:30 pm

Heed my words: World 14 will never be.
World 13 forever and ever!
dageir

Postby bumfrog » Mon May 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Day 2 of my incalculable excitement for the one, the only, world 14.

I have thought long and hard about all the exciting new features that world 14 will contain. Such as 2-3 natural wonders that are either absolutely necessary for progression (salt, cock crystal, etc) or relatively pointless. I have high hopes that charterstones will be removed, then re-added, at least thrice in each direction.

And since the most common complaints towards game systems involve tedium, what world than the 14th to enrich the experience of industry? I can see it now. Boards will need to be be boiled for a few hours, dried for several days, then planed before they can be used in crafting and building. Silkworm cocoon unravelling will involve an exciting “Operation”-style minigame, wherein failure will result in the loss of the cocoon and potential filaments. Sausages will need be made from meat that is first cooked, then ground, then the sausages must be dried on an herbalist table, and then they can be eaten or smoked. Farming crops and young trees/bushes will need to be manually watered with a Watering Can or they will wither and die.

So many wondrous possibilities!
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Massa » Mon May 23, 2022 10:53 pm

Nightdawg wrote:*Listen to this song while reading this message, to emulate the happiness and excitement I feel as I write this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHyf205fyI

I am very excited to play the new OCO and Tree Chat Bubbles(TM) world 14 on my nVidia GPU which was released 7 months after the latest non-crashing nVidia driver.

I am very happy with what is being prioritised and I am very excited to buy a yearly gold sub to show my support.

As jorb explained to me when I asked him during a stream if the new conversations system will do anything in regards to the issues we currently have with quests and credos, such as kiling quest givers, claiming quest givers, having to abandon 500 credo quests because of the impossible RNG you get, maybe give us options for the quest objectives/rewards, etc.:
- "We are not planning on changing any of those things."

I am indeed satisfied to know that this rework, that has been in the making for so many months now, will indeed change absolutely nothing and will probably either just add more tedium by having to chat with trees or simply add some extra flavour text to quests.

I will never forget how nice loftar was when we(both factions) kept sending him videos of us crashing and how he decided to add some debugging code 7 months later, when we all quit. When I suggested to him to make a testing server and spawn us some characters in a realistic environment(unlike valhalla, that actually had realistic terrain, animals, all weapons/armors, boats, ships, all trees, boulders, forageables, critters, credos, buildings, claims, etc.), I will always keep his response close to my heart: "Why would we do that, just grind stats in the world in which you can simply lose your character because my code chain-crashes your client and test there". His response used different words, but it was just as warm if not warmer.

I still remember the first time I entered combat with another hearthling and we crashed, I can't wait to relive these moments... in the brand new World 14.

I cannot believe a tree said all of this.

Thank you for tree conversations, lorb. This tree suggests great music for reading its dialogue.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:06 am

wonder-ass wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:I frequently consider what profound level Conversations will have on the game. These thoughts occasionally trigger lightheadedness, slight nausea, leakage of the bladder, and release of the bowels. It is at this point I often (but not always) interrupt my train of thought to replace my soiled garments.

The quest giver sex scenes will change Haven on a fundamental level hitherto unseen. I will personally fuck so many trees that my direct lineage will be traceable to at least 10% of the questgiver population for generations to come.

The prospect of World 14 being released strikes a deep-seated fear into me, for I am afraid of what beast inside of me will be unleashed. I worry for the safety of others and myself.

im going to kill all your wives and their off spring. as long as u continue to fuck the graveyard will continue to expand, for i am the only one that can keep the lineage clean and pure.

The only hope for World 14 is that you kill faster than I fuck. And I warn you, I suffer from pre-mature ejaculation.
DDDsDD999

Postby joojoo1975 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 am

ok

what's up with the tree fucking you all are talking about?

I haven't played for a Long time, so please explain?
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue May 24, 2022 9:53 am

joojoo1975 wrote:ok

Devs are working on a "new" questing system , which is going to be pretty much old questing system (their words), but with better conversations. And it still takes months to be done.
Who knows, it might be complete rework and they are just hiding it. Wouldn't have my hopes to high tbh.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby DonVelD » Tue May 24, 2022 1:12 pm

There is no need for explanations... the question is - Would you impregnate a tree for 4734 LP?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby MadNomad » Tue May 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Devs should just never release world 14 and ban all users so they stop thinking about games and do something worthy instead (just kidding, don't ban me!)
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Tue May 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Massa wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:some dope shit, as always

I cannot believe a tree said all of this.

Thank you for tree conversations, lorb. This tree suggests great music for reading its dialogue.

Don't be silly, trees will only say obnoxiously annoying generic crap that lacks any kind of personality, like the last 12 top/western/bowler hats we've been getting lately.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby bumfrog » Tue May 24, 2022 2:56 pm

In their infinite wisdom devs have decided to devote all of their (ample) development time+resources to introduce a gameplay system where we can seduce and copulate with questgivers, under the guise of “a new tree conversation system to improve questing”.

What I think most players have missed is that this feature will also allow Rockfucking, Mushroom-fucking, and [redacted]-fucking. The thought of an intimate evening with a BBB (Big Beautiful Boulder) really tickles my fancy.
bumfrog
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar