world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

General discussion and socializing.

world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

Postby Massa » Mon May 23, 2022 12:40 am

don't delete this mods or it will be 1984

discuss what you're excited for in world 14. for me, it's OCO, and the amazing hats and birds that loftar could make with it.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

Postby bumfrog » Mon May 23, 2022 12:49 am

I am very excited for world 14. Not for the reset, the line between 13 and 14, but for world 14 itself.

Seasons and Oceans will finally be fixed for real this time (i.e. removed). Intercourse with questgivers sounds extremely engaging.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon May 23, 2022 12:52 am

I am excited to backport our client to pre-render so we don't crash anymore, then hopefully I can finally learn my lesson about taking below seriously

jorb wrote:
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:09 am

I frequently consider what profound level Conversations will have on the game. These thoughts occasionally trigger lightheadedness, slight nausea, leakage of the bladder, and release of the bowels. It is at this point I often (but not always) interrupt my train of thought to replace my soiled garments.

The quest giver sex scenes will change Haven on a fundamental level hitherto unseen. I will personally fuck so many trees that my direct lineage will be traceable to at least 10% of the questgiver population for generations to come.

The prospect of World 14 being released strikes a deep-seated fear into me, for I am afraid of what beast inside of me will be unleashed. I worry for the safety of others and myself.
DDDsDD999

Postby Massa » Mon May 23, 2022 6:02 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:I frequently consider what profound level Conversations will have on the game. These thoughts occasionally trigger lightheadedness, slight nausea, leakage of the bladder, and release of the bowels. It is at this point I often (but not always) interrupt my train of thought to replace my soiled garments.

The quest giver sex scenes will change Haven on a fundamental level hitherto unseen. I will personally fuck so many trees that my direct lineage will be traceable to at least 10% of the questgiver population for generations to come.

The prospect of World 14 being released strikes a deep-seated fear into me, for I am afraid of what beast inside of me will be unleashed. I worry for the safety of others and myself.

have you tried opium to manage these symptoms
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nightdawg » Mon May 23, 2022 11:39 am

*Listen to this song while reading this message, to emulate the happiness and excitement I feel as I write this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHyf205fyI

I am very excited to play the new OCO and Tree Chat Bubbles(TM) world 14 on my nVidia GPU which was released 7 months after the latest non-crashing nVidia driver.

I am very happy with what is being prioritised and I am very excited to buy a yearly gold sub to show my support.

As jorb explained to me when I asked him during a stream if the new conversations system will do anything in regards to the issues we currently have with quests and credos, such as kiling quest givers, claiming quest givers, having to abandon 500 credo quests because of the impossible RNG you get, maybe give us options for the quest objectives/rewards, etc.:
- "We are not planning on changing any of those things."

I am indeed satisfied to know that this rework, that has been in the making for so many months now, will indeed change absolutely nothing and will probably either just add more tedium by having to chat with trees or simply add some extra flavour text to quests.

I will never forget how nice loftar was when we(both factions) kept sending him videos of us crashing and how he decided to add some debugging code 7 months later, when we all quit. When I suggested to him to make a testing server and spawn us some characters in a realistic environment(unlike valhalla, that actually had realistic terrain, animals, all weapons/armors, boats, ships, all trees, boulders, forageables, critters, credos, buildings, claims, etc.), I will always keep his response close to my heart: "Why would we do that, just grind stats in the world in which you can simply lose your character because my code chain-crashes your client and test there". His response used different words, but it was just as warm if not warmer.

I still remember the first time I entered combat with another hearthling and we crashed, I can't wait to relive these moments... in the brand new World 14.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby WowGain » Mon May 23, 2022 11:56 am

im ready for nothing to be fundamentally different and for all major projects to continue to indefinitely be "in the pipeline" for the foreseeable fture
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Jalpha » Mon May 23, 2022 12:28 pm

Flying mounts.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby joojoo1975 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:35 pm

I seem to have lost my Hype for such a thing.

The world I envision, makes it Very VERY hard for Alt Abuse Army(curios only count down when you are online, and exp is halved, if not quartered)

Combat Systems(UA, Ranged, Melee) more like chess and SEVERE penalties for movement combat(cause Lag) Also personal preference Lets go back to the Legacy style of combat. Not this Card system

A new Q system on Everything(to get to 100 sinple math, to get to 500 simple multiplication, to get to 1000 Mother Trucking extreme multiplication)

the system should support 2 characters one for nature and one for industry, they should be at odds with each other(like legacy)

Please Help me!
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby wonder-ass » Mon May 23, 2022 4:03 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:I frequently consider what profound level Conversations will have on the game. These thoughts occasionally trigger lightheadedness, slight nausea, leakage of the bladder, and release of the bowels. It is at this point I often (but not always) interrupt my train of thought to replace my soiled garments.

im going to kill all your wives and their off spring. as long as u continue to fuck the graveyard will continue to expand, for i am the only one that can keep the lineage clean and pure.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar