world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

General discussion and socializing.

Re: world 14 hype megathread (it's okay it's not a request)

Postby popfor » Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 am

can we just put the past few years of bloat down the drain and restart a legacy map with native client bot features, and have people actually play it, its actually a superior game, if legacy had half the updates we have now while retaining its roots it would be a large-scale commercialized game and i honestly believe that, :discord_mod: my eyes still hurt and things are overly complicated, half the Things in the game have no real use, q200 slings should wound people, i want to teleport easily, old combat was actually a reasonable system, pearls should still be worth 50 points and public markets suck
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 28, 2022 7:57 am

popfor wrote:can we just put the past few years of bloat down the drain and restart a legacy map with native client bot features, and have people actually play it, its actually a superior game, if legacy had half the updates we have now while retaining its roots it would be a large-scale commercialized game and i honestly believe that, :discord_mod: my eyes still hurt and things are overly complicated, half the Things in the game have no real use, q200 slings should wound people, i want to teleport easily, old combat was actually a reasonable system, pearls should still be worth 50 points

I feel like those are some pretty heavily rose tinted glasses. I remember it fondly, but it has/had way more flaws than the merits you're giving it. Movement combat making combat stats almost pointless (+ I heard starvation chases were fun), 96% permadeath for pvers but 20% permadeath for pvpers, similar or worse lack of viable combat build variety, hearth vaults, boring underground, horrific client (you can't just "apply" all the client advancements in hafen to haven, that takes a fair few dev hours because UI sucks dink). Many of the same issues with factions rushing through content, getting bored, killing randoms out of desperation for any form of amusement or joy in this bleak world. Trade only held up until properly advanced bots destroyed the economy entirely, the good ole days of "50pts a pearl" are from an "almost" pre-bot era when it was just harder to make bots and less people had the skills to do so.

I will agree there's content bloat, but I feel like that's a balancing issue that could actually be addressed if the devs chose to do so with community consultation.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bumfrog » Sun May 29, 2022 1:07 am

Sevenless wrote:that's a balancing issue that could actually be addressed if the devs chose to do so with community consultation.

community consultation.

pfffft, you sure we’re talking about the same devs here?
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby pawnchito » Sun May 29, 2022 6:55 am

Looking forward to running on 4 hours of sleep, coffee and breakfast burritos while spending every free moment nerding out gaming like a loon and avoiding real life responsibilities while incessantly filing every conversation I have with normies trying to convert them to PC game and more specifically game with me on some obscure RPG that brings grown men to tears.
pawnchito

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 29, 2022 4:44 pm

bumfrog wrote:pfffft, you sure we’re talking about the same devs here?

Figured if we were asking for ridiculous things like completely revamping legacy and trying to mass release it we were already in fantasy land.

pawnchito wrote:Looking forward to running on 4 hours of sleep, coffee and breakfast burritos while spending every free moment nerding out gaming like a loon and avoiding real life responsibilities while incessantly filing every conversation I have with normies trying to convert them to PC game and more specifically game with me on some obscure RPG that brings grown men to tears.

I've given up on that, I just tell em I'll be missing for a couple months. Wonder if any of them think I'm a serial killer by now.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Massa » Mon May 30, 2022 12:45 pm

I whip jorb to make him work faster.

He screams in Swedish. OCO by August boys.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby banok » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:38 pm

I do think legacy was generally much worse, but with that amazing pixel art mod from dalin (or whatever name was sorry) was definitely alot better looking game than hafen will likely ever be. I guess in either game many will mod it as ugly as possible. But i think 2d art lasts longer, hiring that pixel modder and maybe a client/useability guy like ender, and building in 2d... who knows maybe it would have more widespread/lasting appeal
banok

Postby Formosus » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:57 pm

wipe when
Formosus

Postby Massa » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:20 am

popfor wrote:can we just put the past few years of bloat down the drain and restart a legacy map with native client bot features, and have people actually play it, its actually a superior game, if legacy had half the updates we have now while retaining its roots it would be a large-scale commercialized game and i honestly believe that, :discord_mod: my eyes still hurt and things are overly complicated, half the Things in the game have no real use, q200 slings should wound people, i want to teleport easily, old combat was actually a reasonable system, pearls should still be worth 50 points and public markets suck

my mans got lost chasing the dragon for nomad
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:08 pm

GET MORE HYPE GUYS!!!
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar