The Revelation of W14

General discussion and socializing.

The Revelation of W14

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:41 am

I recently created a new character (I drowned all of my chars this world when i quit) and I started wandering the world and scavenging as a spruce cap does. I spruced my days for many moons seeing all the abandoned palisades and ruined fortresses of old. I spruced myself over mountains and through many biomes.

while sprucing I came across cave. Being the spruce that I am, I ducked into the cave to look for dust piles and cave moths. At the entrance of the cave were many ghostpipes surrounded by Cave Rats and Bats. Weirdly none of them attacked me as I walked further into the grave, something I was thankful for. As if guiding me, the bats path led me all the way to another cave entrance where there were some oddly placed chests. Given the boards near them and the decay on the chests I assumed this was someone's discard pile and these items had been left to wallow away as they were no longer needed. I looked at the items and a revelation came to me.

These items would greatly increase my sprucecap status. One man's trash was my treasure and this would allow me to get back and play the world again. I could mine again, and fight again. Slay animals and tan leather again. These items represented dozens of hours of work that I could be exempt from and any sane sprucecap would rejoice in their finding. I however felt compelled to do something different. Something radical.

I destroyed them and left without a second thought. I never looked back, and I never thought about going back to retrieve them. I actually felt better than before i found them. This didn't seem right? Why should i feel better destroying so much potential for progress? In this question i found a revelation. I wanted to remain a sprucecap. That meant I could slowly develop myself back to where i was again. I could start anew as if it was a new world. As if it was World 14.

It was then that i remembered this verse from scripture. "In the beginning was the World and the World was with God, and the World was God. The World was with God in the Beginning." It hit me like a truck. The World is with us, because the World is God. World 14 is God. It is the Messiah predicted by the Bible and just as the Bible said the Messiah is with us always, so too is World 14 with us always.

You see a new world represents a new beginning where you aren't behind on the grind.
A world reset means you get to begin anew and not have the world ahead of you.
But You do not need a world reset to be freed of grind greed.
You need only to follow your heart, and depart, with the luxuries of this world.

I felt good destroying those items because on a small level I was resetting the world and every time I destroy more items i will be closer to resetting the world. World 14 has been with us all along and all we need to do is grab it.

Tear down your palisades. Destroy your crates. Cast your items into the see. If we destroy every single thing created in this world we will have destroyed this world and with it we will have created our own reset. World 14 is the Messiah and it never leaves us. It has been with us from the start and it doesn't come when the developers reset the world, it comes when we choose to play from the beginning anew. Lets make that choice independant of the developers decisions. Let us reset the worlds Brothers.

I propose a new form of worship. It is holy to destroy the objects of the world. It is holy to knockdown the palisades and to murder those with high stats. It is SIN to stay in your urban dwellings and not accept the life of the Sprucecap. Eventually when the world is nothing but sprucecaps we will have our reset!
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Re: The Revelation of W14

Postby VDZ » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:50 am

The_Lich_King wrote:Given the boards near them and the decay on the chests I assumed this was someone's discard pile and these items had been left to wallow away as they were no longer needed. I looked at the items and a revelation came to me.

These items would greatly increase my sprucecap status. One man's trash was my treasure and this would allow me to get back and play the world again. I could mine again, and fight again. Slay animals and tan leather again. These items represented dozens of hours of work that I could be exempt from and any sane sprucecap would rejoice in their finding.

An experience like this was actually what caused me to stop playing for the very first time back in world 5. After playing for 11 hours a day on average for five weeks straight, I stumbled upon a fully intact base from someone who quit playing (with a key in a basket outside of it, I happened to be the first to find it). It was one of my most unique gaming experiences of all time. At first I was overjoyed, but soon after I was filled with regret - this one moment of luck had completely eclipsed my 300+ hours of (complete newbie) play. After a five-week binge I completely stopped playing for a day, thinking about what happened. That day, I had a conversation with a friend about it, and he pointed out to me that it was similar to how some people who win the lottery end up becoming really depressed, their years of hard work to earn money getting essentially invalidated by one stroke of luck and no longer having any reason to continue working but having nothing to fill the gap. The next day I logged in to that character for the last time, made sure the gate was closed, dropped the key in the water (which at the time fully destroyed items) and logged out, never touching that character again. (I did resume playing the game on another character which had no connection to my previous main.)

The_Lich_King wrote:You see a new world represents a new beginning where you aren't behind on the grind.
You need only to follow your heart, and depart, with the luxuries of this world.

I felt good destroying those items because on a small level I was resetting the world and every time I destroy more items i will be closer to resetting the world. World 14 has been with us all along and all we need to do is grab it.

Tear down your palisades. Destroy your crates. Cast your items into the see. If we destroy every single thing created in this world we will have destroyed this world and with it we will have created our own reset.

So what do you do about, among other things:
  • Trade being completely and utterly dead, as it's dominated by players with advanced world qualities, with neither demand nor supply for lower-quality products?
  • Realms boosting you far beyond what you are normally like in the early game?
  • Theft (in both the formal scent-leaving and informal no-claim-is-fair-game sense) not at all being an option?
  • Ore nodes already having been dug open?
  • Cave tunnels already having been dug, opening cave systems far more than intended?
  • WWWs having absurd qualities?
  • Claims and palisades blocking access to many areas in the world?
  • Most of the world already having been mapped?
  • Random fishing and flotsam items being 'invalid' (as you must discard them due to being advanced world products)?

Haven is a multiplayer game. Players cannot 'soft-reset' it by themselves, as the player interaction aspects will inevitably always bring the player to a more advanced state than they'd find themselves in early-world. The only way to avoid that is by avoiding every single advantageous player interaction, which would require the player to opt out of major aspects of the game while still suffering the negative effects of an advanced world state; a situation not at all representative of the early world game.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:36 am

VDZ wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:Given the boards near them and the decay on the chests I assumed this was someone's discard pile and these items had been left to wallow away as they were no longer needed. I looked at the items and a revelation came to me.

These items would greatly increase my sprucecap status. One man's trash was my treasure and this would allow me to get back and play the world again. I could mine again, and fight again. Slay animals and tan leather again. These items represented dozens of hours of work that I could be exempt from and any sane sprucecap would rejoice in their finding.

An experience like this was actually what caused me to stop playing for the very first time back in world 5. After playing for 11 hours a day on average for five weeks straight, I stumbled upon a fully intact base from someone who quit playing (with a key in a basket outside of it, I happened to be the first to find it). It was one of my most unique gaming experiences of all time. At first I was overjoyed, but soon after I was filled with regret - this one moment of luck had completely eclipsed my 300+ hours of (complete newbie) play. After a five-week binge I completely stopped playing for a day, thinking about what happened. That day, I had a conversation with a friend about it, and he pointed out to me that it was similar to how some people who win the lottery end up becoming really depressed, their years of hard work to earn money getting essentially invalidated by one stroke of luck and no longer having any reason to continue working but having nothing to fill the gap. The next day I logged in to that character for the last time, made sure the gate was closed, dropped the key in the water (which at the time fully destroyed items) and logged out, never touching that character again. (I did resume playing the game on another character which had no connection to my previous main.)

The_Lich_King wrote:You see a new world represents a new beginning where you aren't behind on the grind.

Tear down your palisades. Destroy your crates. Cast your items into the see. If we destroy every single thing created in this world we will have destroyed this world and with it we will have created our own reset.

So what do you do about, among other things:
  • Trade being completely and utterly dead, as it's dominated by players with advanced world qualities, with neither demand nor supply for lower-quality products?
  • Realms boosting you far beyond what you are normally like in the early game?
  • Theft (in both the formal scent-leaving and informal no-claim-is-fair-game sense) not at all being an option?
  • Ore nodes already having been dug open?
  • Cave tunnels already having been dug, opening cave systems far more than intended?
  • WWWs having absurd qualities?
  • Claims and palisades blocking access to many areas in the world?
  • Most of the world already having been mapped?
  • Random fishing and flotsam items being 'invalid' (as you must discard them due to being advanced world products)?

Haven is a multiplayer game. Players cannot 'soft-reset' it by themselves, as the player interaction aspects will inevitably always bring the player to a more advanced state than they'd find themselves in early-world. The only way to avoid that is by avoiding every single advantageous player interaction, which would require the player to opt out of major aspects of the game while still suffering the negative effects of an advanced world state; a situation not at all representative of the early world game.

On the realm issue, The idea posited by this thread is t destroy everything, including Realm Stones and buffs.

Also this was one massive shitpost to comment on the state of the world, namely that it is more likely we get some semblance of a reset via mass destruction then actually getting a reset.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:10 pm

So true king, so true. Finally, somebody else gets it!
dagrimreefah

Postby Odynak » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:20 pm

To arms, brothers! Raise and destroy all the palisades. Stomp all the sinful objects. Purify the World. Defy those who deny the truth.

Let the W14 be born in the burn of W13!
Odynak

Postby bumfrog » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:12 pm

depending on how devstrim goes ill get in on this. Reminds me of the second year of w10 when we clearcut every tree near jorbs noob camp :lol:
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:17 pm

Odynak wrote:To arms, brothers! Raise and destroy all the palisades. Stomp all the sinful objects. Purify the World. Defy those who deny the truth.

Let the W14 be born in the burn of W13!

The world shall be born again as new, as the scripture fortells. Thank you brother in w14, for your service.

The_Lich_King

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:19 pm

OUR PROPHECY FORTOLD!!! HIS WILL BE DONE!!! Our holy destruction has rung in the ears of the Gods JORBTAR!!! They have heard our pleas and blessed us with a World14. Paradise awaits brothers, thank you for your service!

The_Lich_King

Return to The Inn of Brodgar