Mulberry Math

General discussion and socializing.

Mulberry Math

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:09 pm

With leaves at 8 meals per: A cupboard can hold 1 rock, 21 leaves and 42 worms.

63 Tables needs 24 cupboards per batch (14x14 setup can fit room for 2 to 3 batches)

Pre-update Ideas:
I think the space needed to have a large silk farms is major part of its value; So I set up a system of equations to look at the number of leaves(meals) & worms per container…

[Z] = (XY+4Y)/4
W = XY/4
Let:
Z be the size of container
Y be the number of leaves
X be the number of "meals" per leaf.
W be the number of worms
Set Z = 64
Solve for the number of leaves (Y)

64 = Y*(X+4)/4
Y = 256 / X+4

Solve for number of Worms (W)

W = [X(256 / X+4)]/4
W = (64*X)/(X+4)

Current “meal” count on a leaf is 1

W = (64*1)/(4+1)
Y = 256 / X+4

12.8 Worms
51.2 Leaves

With 12 worms in a cupboard, each worm needs 4 meals
So 48 leaves will leave us with 4 unused spaces. (Soft size of 60)

Projected “meal” count on a leaf as 50

W = (64*50)/(4+50)
Y = 256 / (50+4)

W = 59.259
Y = 4.740

With 59 worms and 5 leaves we will fill a cupboard. (*4.917 worm to storage buff)
The needed meals math checks out 59*4 <= 5*50 a remaining fraction of leafs 14/50

Let's look at the whole system.
[Z] = (XY+4Y)/4
W+Y <= Z
X%4=0 (to remove fractional leaves, per feed cycle)
Solving the system of equations we see one solution for X at 12.
Which would be 48 worms, 16 leaves; (with 12 meals per leaf)

If mulberry trees had 20 total leaves, at 12 meals per we would see a slight Nerf to total meals per tree.

Alternatively, we can drop the %mod calculation back out of the system; If mulberry trees had 16 total leaves, we’d get a slight buff at 16 meals per leaf to the tree at 256 meals. (to keep total meals per tree closer the to same) We would still get a 4.25 buff on worms per cupboard (if meals are 16, worms are 51, leaves are 13);
Last edited by r0ck4ev3r on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Re: Mulberry Math

Postby Massa » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:37 pm

just plant another tree bro
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:58 pm

Massa wrote:just plant another tree bro

Then number of needed trees will not change (amusing the change keeps around 250 meals per tree) The leaf change will effect the space complexity of our silk farms.
Last edited by r0ck4ev3r on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r0ck4ev3r

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:00 pm

Man you are really all in on this Mulberry crusade
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Sevenless » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:04 pm

Personally feel the difficulty in silk production comes from the tight IRL time requirements on when to check the worms, and the sheer volume of mulberry trees needed (which is also an IRL time constraint due to how planting works).

Less leaf pulling/tree and less cupboards is nice, but I don't think it will drastically impact the amount of silk available.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:44 am

Sevenless wrote:Personally feel the difficulty in silk production comes from the tight IRL time requirements on when to check the worms, and the sheer volume of mulberry trees needed (which is also an IRL time constraint due to how planting works).

Less leaf pulling/tree and less cupboards is nice, but I don't think it will drastically impact the amount of silk available.

Chance of death/hatching in a missed feed cycle has always been the risk reward silk farming.

I'll give you that the initial set up requires time spiraling up trees(& tools) in both volume and quality is going to be gridlocked on your ability to get fibers to make tables; (and capped on farming timers)

If you look at time time/space it takes to stockpile leaves for winter, as well as time to wheelbarrow dump each cupboard per feed cycle (also the time moving wheelbarrow to different floors/buildings) I feel that: space and the time spent per, becomes the larger factor.
r0ck4ev3r

Postby Jalpha » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:49 am

Yea I'm happy to see how things play out. In actuality this change has greatly complicated mulberry leaf micromanagement if certain other mechanics function as they did in W11.

Also I guarantee the default client only obtusely represents mulberry leaf charges which means now I will need to track this data in wordpad...
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:48 pm

Jalpha wrote:Yea I'm happy to see how things play out. In actuality this change has greatly complicated mulberry leaf micromanagement if certain other mechanics function as they did in W11.

Also I guarantee the default client only obtusely represents mulberry leaf charges which means now I will need to track this data in wordpad...

Zentetsuken

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:51 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Yea I'm happy to see how things play out. In actuality this change has greatly complicated mulberry leaf micromanagement if certain other mechanics function as they did in W11.

I've seen you post this same meme on like 13 threads now... you and the boys have got to be getting tired now.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:52 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:

I've seen you post this same meme on like 13 threads now... you and the boys have got to be getting tired now.

me and the boys are very, very tired now
Zentetsuken

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar