QoS (quality of shit) Changes to Haven

General discussion and socializing.

Re: QoS (quality of shit) Changes to Haven

Postby fedor77 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:21 am

dagrimreefah wrote:
fedor77 wrote:Today a group of wolves wandered near my house where i was trying to tame mouflons, they aggroed and killed all 13 of the mouflons i had tied up. I didnt had walls near the water where they came from. I tried to help them but they just had too much armor, some of the mouflons ran to the water and died there, some tried to bash the stone walls down to make their escape. I was forced to hide inside my house to not die aswell.

lol awesome and hilarious if true

I got really let down, it was a lot of work to find those mouflons, but at the same time having to deal with wild life busting into your home was pretty fun, a shame the wolves were too strong and i wasnt prepared otherwise i think i could have killed one or two (there were 3 total)
fedor77

Postby Agrik » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:41 am

beefy wrote:Curiosity "Satiations".
So you can't study the same stuff all day, as you already know it.
Not enough. You can't study the same stuff again at all (during the same game world).

Ummm, perhaps too much. You can't study it again with the same level of INT. When you get more, you can squeeze more knowledge from objects, proportionally to the INT (previously unused on this curio). Maybe PER and PSY can also be used, not sure.

noindyfikator wrote:imagine jorb replies to one of those messages with: "will consider".. xD
Imagine jorb replies "will consider" in the thread in general, not to any particular message.
Agrik

Postby Lurux » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:13 pm

The game now includes local weather effects such as rain, hail, snow, thunderstorms. At random a natural disaster can occur : earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, tsunamis, cyclones, wildfires, and pandemics infecting animals.
Lurux

Postby Uriel » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:40 pm

Yeah... devs will implement some of those for sure...
Uriel

Postby VDZ » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:30 am

Agrik wrote:
beefy wrote:Curiosity "Satiations".
So you can't study the same stuff all day, as you already know it.
Not enough. You can't study the same stuff again at all (during the same game world).

Ummm, perhaps too much. You can't study it again with the same level of INT. When you get more, you can squeeze more knowledge from objects, proportionally to the INT (previously unused on this curio). Maybe PER and PSY can also be used, not sure.

Curiosity satiations, but they never go down. Curiosity satiations are also inherited.
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:41 am

A global pool that limits the amount of forageables you can get, which would prevent people from botting them by incentivising botting even more.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Karede » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:46 am

Nightdawg wrote:A global pool that limits the amount of forageables you can get, which would prevent people from botting them by incentivising botting even more.

Oh man, imagine if that was implemented. Horrible
Karede

Postby Tubby_Squirrel » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:22 am

Food poisoning HHP wound. You have to boil water and clean uncooked food to be safe.
Tubby_Squirrel

Postby rfxDarth » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 am

To prevent infinite animal progression, give tamed animals a random chance to be born infertile. The only way to be sure that your new best male animal is even fertile you gotta wait for it to grow up and watch it fuck. No way to check the females, though.
rfxDarth

Postby Sephiron » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:38 pm

All injuries will eventually develop an infection if not washed with soap every 6 hours

Animal wounds

make it so that every tree and forageable is 'generic' in visuals and on the minimap until that type has been discovered. If you have not properly discovered any items you find in crates, cupboards, or chests, they are also generic. Fluids in barrels, cups, etc. show up as 'Fluid' until discovered
Sephiron

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar