winter

General discussion and socializing.

Re: winter

Postby fishbro001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:56 pm

winter is fun I don't know what you guys are talking about
fishbro001

Postby Reiber » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:54 am

Zampfeo wrote:Pretty much this. There's nothing fun about winter. The only thing worth gathering are whirling snowflakes and they're boring as fuck to collect.

i mean in generall yes. but it has improved massively. hunters have primetime in winter, sure there are no bears. but it is the easiest time to hunt everything else. + with an sledge and an cart you look like an little snowmobile.

snowballfights are pretty much the only time you can have some ranged pvp fun.
stoats. mammoths and wolves.

sure . winter still is an bit of an blasted wasteland. but it is far from the deserted white eyesore it once was. its not enought content too feed you above 5 days yet. buti really dont get why farmers are so desolete about it. id be happy if i could just take an vacation for almost an week from my profession, and do something else.
Reiber

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:08 am

So true, bother. Winter was so much worse when it came out. Originally playing during winter it felt like my nuts were in a vice, now it only feels like a very burly man is squeezing them. Those pesky farmers should be glad they're forced to """take a break""" from the game. Personally I love it when games don't let me play them, that's the most fun part.

Anyway, it's just a coincidence that so far the weekend's peak population is lower than any of the weekday peaks in the week prior for this world. Just normal population decay :^)
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Reiber » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:50 am

come on babygurl. i didnt say winter is just so nice and fun i never want it to end.
sure there is an reason why it is shortened so much.
they certainly have too do an lot untill it can be more than an workweek long. and it hits differently playing people differently.
but dont act like haven isn´t an game that can become an chore quickly. i mean. maybe farming is just so damn exiting and funny , i never tryed it.

i for myself enjoyed this winter more than i have ever in havenwinter. i would have regretted quitting before it. wich is something i wouldnt have seen myself say previous worlds

and many people quit at the last day of fall, and never gave this winter an chance
Reiber

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar