A comprehensive list of """significant""" events this world

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A comprehensive list of """significant""" events this wo

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:42 pm

what permadeath? the game returns nearly everything through numens.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Necrisha » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:13 am

wonder-ass wrote:what permadeath? the game returns nearly everything through numens.

Which brings us back to how fashionable it is to completely wipe out bases, including all built up resorces and numens... Yes the game itself has options. Certain individuals like systematically erasing those options for anyone unlucky or new to the game out of boredom, reducing the people who might later once they start to develop an understanding and skill in the game actually enjoy pvp- thus shooting themselves in the foot and making the game boring for themselves.
Necrisha

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:42 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Although permadeath is effectively removed, player retention among pvpers and factions seems to be about the same. There are significantly more fights because lower stated/geared pvpers won't be completely ended if they mess up.

You talk elsewhere about making the pvp side of the game accessible, reworking permadeath into the wound system seems to do exactly that.

First of all, I don't think there are more fights and the time frame in which "real fights" happen has been shrinking each year.

Secondly, do you even know what accessible means? Did you read anything I wrote?

Permadeath is still in the game, it's just not something that any faction player worries about because with decent pvp meta knowledge and gear/stats it can pretty effectively be completely forgotten about. Permadeath still exists for everybody else and people are getting killed all the time. Permadeath existing only for the 99% is part of what makes combat and PVP inaccessible.

Factions are built on massive industry and people who nolife the game and minmax everythere, so even if a real actual death occurs, a faction player can get back on their feet with way less hurdles than a 99%er.

PVP is inaccessible because it is dangerous and unfun for 99% of the playerbase. The other 1% do it for fun, without worrying about consequences at all.

"Don't be on water, keep your HHP above 60%" = no permadeath. That's not 99% of players. I've been listening to clueless hermits get ganked all world, and lemme tell you kills are ridiculously rare compared to "I stole his socks". In high intensity PvP areas hermits start avoiding water due to snekkja raiders anyway, kinda works in their favour.

The biggest damage hermits can take outside drowning is the claim bond studying mechanic. No one remembers that mechanic. Also worth noting I have been an avid proponent of shoring up drowning mechanics to make it in line with other KOs. Don't think I've complained about bond stealing mechanics though, I'll go do that.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:59 am

Sevenless wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Although permadeath is effectively removed, player retention among pvpers and factions seems to be about the same. There are significantly more fights because lower stated/geared pvpers won't be completely ended if they mess up.

You talk elsewhere about making the pvp side of the game accessible, reworking permadeath into the wound system seems to do exactly that.

First of all, I don't think there are more fights and the time frame in which "real fights" happen has been shrinking each year.

Secondly, do you even know what accessible means? Did you read anything I wrote?

Permadeath is still in the game, it's just not something that any faction player worries about because with decent pvp meta knowledge and gear/stats it can pretty effectively be completely forgotten about. Permadeath still exists for everybody else and people are getting killed all the time. Permadeath existing only for the 99% is part of what makes combat and PVP inaccessible.

Factions are built on massive industry and people who nolife the game and minmax everythere, so even if a real actual death occurs, a faction player can get back on their feet with way less hurdles than a 99%er.

PVP is inaccessible because it is dangerous and unfun for 99% of the playerbase. The other 1% do it for fun, without worrying about consequences at all.

"Don't be on water, keep your HHP above 60%" = no permadeath. That's not 99% of players. I've been listening to clueless hermits get ganked all world, and lemme tell you kills are ridiculously rare compared to "I stole his socks". In high intensity PvP areas hermits start avoiding water due to snekkja raiders anyway, kinda works in their favour.

The biggest damage hermits can take outside drowning is the claim bond studying mechanic. No one remembers that mechanic. Also worth noting I have been an avid proponent of shoring up drowning mechanics to make it in line with other KOs. Don't think I've complained about bond stealing mechanics though, I'll go do that.

It's still early in the world, but for probably about 6+ months of the previous world the sprucecap killers were publicly flaunting their ability to guess and calculate the appropriate amount of hits and power it would take to kill their targets. I am also in several discord chats geared toward continent-specific happenings and I can tell you straight up that you are wrong. Hermits, casuals and noobs are being hunted all over the map, on completely different continents than the main PVPing ones.

Also worth nothing that even a KO and gear steal is devastating for most casuals, compared to it being practically meaningless for a faction player.

You are just looking at a fire and saying "well don't go in to it, it's hot"

My brother in christ, the entire game is on fire and there is nowhere left to go for a massive majority of the players, even the PVPers are agreeing.

If it was just as easy as "tiptoe around content and follow these basic steps and you will be 100% safe" then you could certainly argue that this sounds like an agreeable gimmick for a game that calls itself "survival." This is just simply not the case for the majority of players. There are 100s of daily players that will never be competent enough to even bother attempting to fight back in pvp. The fact that just standing and taking your couple hits is actually a better strategy for not permanently dying is a testament to how retarded the meta is and how inaccessible it is.

There is no entry point for this outside of "befriend somebody who knows."

This is objectively poor game design and if you disagree I think you are being dishonest.
Zentetsuken

Postby Necrisha » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:46 am

Zentetsuken wrote:The biggest damage hermits can take outside drowning is the claim bond studying mechanic. No one remembers that mechanic. Also worth noting I have been an avid proponent of shoring up drowning mechanics to make it in line with other KOs. Don't think I've complained about bond stealing mechanics though, I'll go do that.

This is another good one- I'm a veteran of a couple worlds, just starting to play again after sorting out computer issues, I remembered not to walk out without my best gear, but forgot to pull my claim bond out of my mentory, and got rolled- but not killed. If checking my mentory and study desk wasn't absolutely ingrained in my personal habits from when I was playing before- I would have been screwed out of a claim a day ago. Most new players are not aware that their mentory is target-able for theft, and that is a painful lesson to learn the hard way.

I am also pretty sure that players being discouraged from building smaller communities and encouraged to pack together under the protection of big factions is a big part of the issues around the server lag hiccups that are developing- and one way or another the Developers will have to address the strain that puts on the server itself. Modern MMO's get around that by multi-instances and multiple servers for the busiest areas, I don't think Jorb and Loftar have the resources or skill to implement that sort of fix, but if that's the only way the people who are playing the content Jorb and Loftar are actively wanting to develop and work on feel that they can engage with the game- Jorb and Loftar will have to address toxic pvp tactics destabilizing the server whether anyone likes it or not.

Ultamitely, if people like Snugglesnail wants to address how pvp is becoming unfun for them- they either need to switch to a game designed entirely around lethal pvp in a sandbox- like Fortnight, or modify their pvp behavior to be less destructive to players who are not as interested in getting absolutely annihilated in both person and base as they seem to be by the actions they take against random sprucecaps.
Necrisha

Postby Lurux » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:31 am

I still believe in world generated events which are challenging the player base and will demand cooperation to tackle / fight them off. It will give the player base another meaning to build protection / increase stats..
Lurux

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:58 am

Zentetsuken wrote:Permadeath is still in the game, it's just not something that any faction player worries about because with decent pvp meta knowledge and gear/stats it can pretty effectively be completely forgotten about. Permadeath still exists for everybody else and people are getting killed all the time. Permadeath existing only for the 99% is part of what makes combat and PVP inaccessible.

My village has a few people in it that aren't exactly what you'd call pvpers, and each one of them has been dunked several times while walking around. Not a single one of them has ever died from it lol

every time ive killed a hermit its been because they were actively making decisions against the assistance of even default client that would've stopped them from dying at any point. a lot of them just completely ignore the massive window that tries to log you out after you get KO'd and hearth back to your HF for some god forsaken reason
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby DonVelD » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:28 pm

Necrisha wrote:...

tard take
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:35 pm

DonVelD wrote:
Necrisha wrote:...

tard take

Crony retard
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:48 pm

Necrisha wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:what permadeath? the game returns nearly everything through numens.

Which brings us back to how fashionable it is to completely wipe out bases, including all built up resorces and numens... Yes the game itself has options. Certain individuals like systematically erasing those options for anyone unlucky or new to the game out of boredom, reducing the people who might later once they start to develop an understanding and skill in the game actually enjoy pvp- thus shooting themselves in the foot and making the game boring for themselves.

it takes like 5 days to siege a base. in 5 fucking days I could completely move a base to a different location.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar