Audiosmurf wrote:...

tard take
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Re: A comprehensive list of """significant""" events this wo

Postby springyb » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:13 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:but boy is the main reason I was interested in this game kinda dead

Are you just like, hufffing massive copium or have you truly never considered that it's intentional?
springyb

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:37 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Just lamenting that the core aspect of what made haven interesting to me is kindof gone & it seems like the intent is to go further in the direction of making nothing interesting happen ever again.

It's dejected acceptance, fren
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:07 am

The fuckign about page wrote:Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby painhertz » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:19 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
  • Raid on Polska pre-walls
  • Partial raid on Tea party due to security flaw/bug (patched)
  • 2-3 people from Norsca commit assisted suicide via drowning or clever use of game mechanics (clearly very new PVPers, barely counts)
  • Somebody from Arcanum commits assisted suicide via drowning due to panic or client issues
  • Somebody from Tea Party commits assisted suicide via drowning because the misclicked into the water while dropping gear

I might've missed 1 or 2 deaths of fighters, but even so they feel kindof irrelevant since dying typically seems to make your character stronger now. There have for sure been more suicides to gain stats than murders.

It's not rly my place to say the evolution of the game is wrong/bad, but I started playing this game in world 7 from googling something similar to "OPEN PVP MMO where I can delete characters", and I started playing again in world 10 because I saw a videos of the Aurora/Maid Cafe sieges. Nothing that has happened in the last year or so would make me interested in the same way.

I'm here for drama and people occasionally getting absolutely fucking shit on. The 99.5% of the time where nothing happens has been justified by the .5% of the time where something is /really/ happening. Even as an uninvolved pleb in world 7/10, just knowing that there's people dying & getting sieged/raided, the drama threads made things interesting for me.

That shit doesn't exist anymore. You can't die short of having brain aneurysm, siege is so unrealistic I would personally not siege somebody I had a personal vandetta against if I knew they literally would not defend in spite of being the siegiest sieger in the game. Raiding outside of bugs/clever use of game mechanics hasn't been a thing since, uh, world 9? 8?

I don't rly have a point I guess. Just lamenting that the core aspect of what made haven interesting to me is kindof gone & it seems like the intent is to go further in the direction of making nothing interesting happen ever again.

If this moron is what Haven has become I'm glad I've been gone for years now..... (That being said any "fun" in this game disappeared with the 3-d Client.......)
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby WowGain » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:46 am

painhertz wrote:If this moron is what Haven has become I'm glad I've been gone for years now..... (That being said any "fun" in this game disappeared with the 3-d Client.......)

any askers?
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:13 am

5 FUCKING DAY SIEGE TIMER HAHAHAHHAHA WHAT A FUCKING JOKE
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:25 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:At some point your entire village got wiped if you didn't ramcheck every 12 hours, and your character 100% died if you got KOed every time.
Then raids turned into day long sieges.
Then death got made super uncommon.
Then death was effectively removed.
Then the few remaining exploits to occasionally do raids were removed.
Then siege as even a concept was removed.
Now skill & clients are at a place where practically all """real""" PVP is consentual because escaping is so easy/consistent.
Next I'm kindof expecting drowning to get removed since it's the only way people can die short of being trapped RN

And it's crazy, things actually happened back then. Now, nothing. Listening to PvP related whining in games is the worst decision. Hermits don't play.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:17 am

Massa wrote:5 FUCKING DAY SIEGE TIMER HAHAHAHHAHA WHAT A FUCKING JOKE

lol 5 days per wall*

I could siege these guys for 45 days and if they didn't defend at all I'd still only have access to like 1/10th of the plots

It gets a lot funnier when you remember in world 10 it was 16 hours/claim, and one of the major things Jorb didn't like about it was that like 2 villages wrapped their village in another village extending the siege timer to like 32 hours.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:14 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:It gets a lot funnier when you remember in world 10 it was 16 hours/claim, and one of the major things Jorb didn't like about it was that like 2 villages wrapped their village in another village extending the siege timer to like 32 hours.

the past truly is a different country
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar