A comprehensive list of """significant""" events this world

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A comprehensive list of """significant""" events this wo

Postby Massa » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:01 pm

WowGain wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:It gets a lot funnier when you remember in world 10 it was 16 hours/claim, and one of the major things Jorb didn't like about it was that like 2 villages wrapped their village in another village extending the siege timer to like 32 hours.

the past truly is a different country

Can you tell why people played back then and things happened

world 4's fucking moot is like 10x bigger than ours

embarrassing as fuck
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:59 pm

Massa wrote:world 4's fucking moot is like 10x bigger than ours

Probably not the sole reason, but I'd like to point out that Discord didn't exist back during w4.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:28 pm

It seems very silly to blame the drama delivery system when there is no drama to deliver. The cold hard truth is either that Jorbtar would rather be making stardew valley online, or them being peer pressured has slowly eroded the game's more cutthroat nature. Probably the latter considering the game is still brutal as fuck for the casual type who probably doesn't care enough to be on C&I or Jorb's DMs.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 am

vatas wrote:

Probably not the sole reason, but I'd like to point out that Discord didn't exist back during w4.

nothing
fucking
happens

no one dies, no one gets raided, and it is clearly for the worse.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:12 pm

Massa wrote:
vatas wrote:

nothing
fucking
happens

no one dies, no one gets raided, and it is clearly for the worse.

It's for about 20 people's worse.

Back in w4 the majority of people playing this game were younger and more aggressive and obnoxious. The moot was bigger but the quality of the posts were ridiculous, mostly people posting 1 word insults and racial slurs.

There are 100s of more people dying and getting dunked on per world now because there are 10x more players, but nobody is posting in the forums because forums as a concept are so out of date and ridiculous now that it's practically embarrassing to have one for your community.

Drama happens in realtime on discord across multiple active communities and in realm chats. The total posts about fights and deaths in these places far exceeds anything that was ever seen on The Moot.

Giving a shit about PVP and listening to the same dozen nostalgia copium nerds who give a shit about it is what got us to this shitty place we are right now.

It's time to try something new.
It's time to remove pvp.
Zentetsuken

Postby jordancoles » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:39 am

Zentetsuken wrote:Back in w4 the majority of people playing this game were younger and more aggressive and obnoxious. The moot was bigger but the quality of the posts were ridiculous, mostly people posting 1 word insults and racial slurs.

There are 100s of more people dying and getting dunked on per world now because there are 10x more players, but nobody is posting in the forums because forums as a concept are so out of date and ridiculous now that it's practically embarrassing to have one for your community.

Drama happens in realtime on discord across multiple active communities and in realm chats. The total posts about fights and deaths in these places far exceeds anything that was ever seen on The Moot.

Giving a shit about PVP and listening to the same dozen nostalgia copium nerds who give a shit about it is what got us to this shitty place we are right now.

It's time to try something new.
It's time to remove pvp.

It sucks to be looking back after seeing this community at its peak :cry:

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:37 pm

I appreciated Bob Dole's quality posting. Hadn't seen a good story for years. He brought me back to the good old times.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:59 am

back in my day a man could just punch through 10 layers of wall and kill delamore
sabinati

Postby HarryDresden » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:26 am

w4 was batshit insane but I've never had a gaming experience like it. I had a group of 60 people spawn with me and we were down to 16 in 2 days due to the sheer brutality and idiocy of it all. Think we had like 10 people try swimming without a clue what they were doing.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar