Tiny living

General discussion and socializing.

Tiny living

Postby Thilloq » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:01 pm

What would you guys say would be tiniest claim you can go were you can still live on an improve ?? Plus how would you support animals without a farm ? or a big farm ?

Pics of tested ideas wanted :D
Thilloq

Re: Tiny living

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:32 pm

Realistically speaking, you won't have any meaningful progression in clay or metal since a smithing area takes up quite a lot of room. Also generally speaking a single player (presumably) won't have the muscle to compete in a reasonable way.

Trees and garden pot quality is heavily limited by your other industries, and since we've already stated clay is frozen we can count this out. Silk farming you could do though, just not for quality, by wheelbarrowing leaves from a nearby mulberry biome.

Animals you could in theory feed by foddering hunted meat, but animal quality gain is highly related to the number of active breeders you're running. It's unlikely you'd be able to hunt anywhere near enough meat to feed a reasonable number of even a single animal type to get meaningful advancement.

That said: You can gain crop quality at the maximum possible rate with # tiles = #plantable tiles per harvest. For turnips that'd be 3 (you don't always get 4), but for pumpkins that'd be 8. You would be every bit as functional at gaining quality as any normal village who was minmaxing it. Would require the 2 hour window planting to maximize it since you can't go for area instead.

You can also fully participate in alchemy and cooking experimentation, although it would possibly be annoying due to limited floorspace.

Given the things you can advance on, you'd want enough space for a smoker, an oven, a stone tower (vastly the most space efficient/tile building in the game) and enough floorspace outside for all of the crop quality advancing fields. A single horse fed by foraged/hunted foods would roam in your tiny fields. Your days would be filled with hunting down specific ingredients to test cooking recipes/alchemy properties, mixed in with very specific timed plantings to maximize quality gain on your crops. Including the basement, the stone tower's interior floorspace would likely be 10x more space than your farming area and you'd have plenty of room to do silking.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby lupa737 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:39 pm

I once visited a guy who kept their sheep I believe on a floor in their tower. Didn't expect going upstairs and seeing a bunch of them just hanging out. Guess that could be an option towards saving space.
*:・゚☆✧ *:・゚☆✧I eat Bugs*:・゚☆✧ *:・゚☆✧
lupa737

Postby Necrisha » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:29 am

Completely mining out levels of a mine and walling them off with a pally and pclaim to add additional vertical space was my answer to smaller above ground claim sizes in world 11. (and less fps drop from season changes) moving most buildings below ground and having the majority of above ground devoted to farm plots was key when dealing with animals. Cycling mulberry trees as quickly as possible, and stockpiling the leaves was key to maintaining silk production because you weren't mass planting them. I had the ugliest flourospar tower on lvl 1 of the mines.

Deep artifice and druidic rite become absolutely essential to get asap as well depending on the industries you focus on. And what you would rather trade for.

I'll see if I still have some old screenshots on the potato computer later.
Necrisha

Return to The Inn of Brodgar