How do you play during in game winter?

General discussion and socializing.

How do you play during in game winter?

Postby Granny » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:31 pm

Hello there!

I logged on for the first time in 2012, and played every world after that - until the introduction of winter. To pay to play in a world I could not do much in felt odd to me, so I did not return after that. Until now that is. I just had to peek in this world, check it out. It is hard to let go of this game forever:)

So, how do you lot stay interested during in game winter?

Update: Ooo!

I just read that winter now is only 4 days long real time. I might not remember this so well, but I do recall it being longer - which is why I quit. Or maybe I just had an frazzled moment and thought it went on for longer than it did. It happens...
Granny

Re: How do you play during in game winter?

Postby Kaios » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:04 pm

You're right. It used to be much longer but because of complaints about there being nothing to do during Winter, the season was shortened quite a bit. I'm sure they intend to extend the season when there is more content to play around with in it, but at the moment it is still lacking in that regard. Sledding is kind of fun I suppose.
Kaios

Postby Granny » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Kaios wrote:You're right. It used to be much longer but because of complaints about there being nothing to do during Winter, the season was shortened quite a bit. I'm sure they intend to extend the season when there is more content to play around with in it, but at the moment it is still lacking in that regard. Sledding is kind of fun I suppose.

Oh it is great to hear that is was shortened. Maybe I can stay awhile then :)
Granny

Postby kirion » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:00 pm

I do a lot more hunting and mining during winter. It doesn't give me much time to get some hermine furs. Last winter i also went sledding on my nearest swamp and cleared all the mirkwood logs strewn around. No swamp will remain filthy on my watch

This winter i will cut 1-2 blocks of ice and store it my cellar in case i need it for medicines.

It's also a fine time to stock up on fruit sorbets, a cheap and decent source of charisma/intellect.
kirion

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:00 pm

Questing, hunting stoats would be my two suggested activities. But since I don't want to do those, I just kinda logoff.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:54 pm

I don't play during winter
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Granny » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:35 am

Thanks for tips on how to endure the winter. If none of that works there is always the option to just log off for a few days :)
Granny

Postby Kaios » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:30 pm

kirion wrote:This winter i will cut 1-2 blocks of ice and store it my cellar in case i need it for medicines.

That's a great suggestion too. I'm sure it's fairly well known already but ice stored in a cellar will last until around the next winter.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:59 pm

Kaios wrote:
kirion wrote:This winter i will cut 1-2 blocks of ice and store it my cellar in case i need it for medicines.

That's a great suggestion too. I'm sure it's fairly well known already but ice stored in a cellar will last until around the next winter.

So do snowpiles, which also work during summer since you can get wheelbarrows worth from a mountain trip.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Return to The Inn of Brodgar