low 3rd party support

General discussion and socializing.

Re: low 3rd party support

Postby menillos » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:34 am

what about tamming wolfs and being able to breed dogs that can help you protect the claim so if you a little hermit playing alone you can kinda counter 10 guys sieging you. And maybe get like keys at the end of a dungeon that lvl up the next dungeon you can enter like a button where you can chose the lvl of the dungeon if you have a key to that lvl, like if you do a lvl 1 you get a lvl 2 key that can be put at the entrance of the dungeon before everything spawns, and you get special stuff and better gilds and shit so endgame is not only getting better workstations. Also sharks and more clothes. and maybe dye clothes.
menillos

Postby trunneljaialai » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:14 am

that's a good idearetro goal
trunneljaialai

Postby bumfrog » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm

I wish I could Agree! but it’s not actionable
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Clemins » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:06 pm

If we got a weekly patch for every person that suggested wolf taming, we'd be playing w21, player population at new all time highs, and OCO/tree conversations as the main engaging cornerstone of gameplay.
Clemins

Postby DonVelD » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:46 pm

listen guys i saw it in a dream... and that's it, adding wolves will simply fix the game its just that easy, i mean, you cant go wrong with tamable wolves. thank you for sharing this very original idea.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby TerraSleet » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:24 pm

ItsFunToLose wrote:There is a small yet violently dedicated subsection of your playerbase who thinks PvP is the only thing worth playing for. That's all they can think about from sunup to sundown. They dream about studying their 420th sprucecap's skull and then rage posting about how they don't care. No one is forcing them to roam the world in search of weakness to expunge. No one is putting a gun to their head saying DO THE MATH OR ELSE. They are self-flagellating and they can't stop. Their minds are so full of formulas and anger that they are mindless animals sating their bloodlust out of habit. "If I'm not the biggest autist, someone else will be" is the fear that drives them to edge of insanity.

Men and women live in separate worlds and play by different sets of rules. Men are locked in endless competition with their peers. Nature demands it. Life demands it. Their competitive sexual drive has been hijacked by a visual dopamine cancer. The male ego and the competition for mates on the physical plane of reality has been rewired into the digital space, with none of the innate rewards. Males who phyically, mentally, financially outcompete are rewarded with access to higher and higher quality females. Biologically compelled to be the provider of resources in a world that is perpetually decaying and on fire. Flickering all around us, the world rots. To provide the illusion for women and children that there are safe spaces to exist. That we are the light in the darkness. Yet, the best players in all games are always angry. Frustrated. Hungry for more. Desperate and confused. They're the winners. Where's their release from this anguish? Where is their reward? Why isn't this enough? These forums serve as evidence of such a state of affairs. Men at the top of a hierarchy, yet completely and utterly frustrated by their own existence.

It's endless with you autists. You are rarely grateful or happy. All you voice are complaints. How much you think the game has been ruined and going in the wrong direction. Yet, in a world with millions of gaming choices, your addiction to this one consumes you. You love it so much, you have to yell at the developers and make fun of the things they have built. You love them so much, you abuse them with verbal violence and mindless assaults on the metagame you choose to play victim to. Toxic and abusive. I only hit you because I love you.

Meanwhile, I'm over here playing dress up in my basement.

We are not the same.

You will never know my joy.

Jorb, Loftar, you are beautiful. The game you have built is beautiful. Because you are beautiful.

Besides the borderline-incel take on male/female relations, I agree. Every year or so I check in on this little hobbyist labour of love, and I see anywhere between 100 and 2000 active players (depending on world age usually). I've seen hundreds of indie games and studios fail, but this one has survived the test of time. It's not even on Steam, yet it's still chugging along. But every year I check the forums and see the same group of 5-10 people, out of the 4+ digits of people who have visited this game in the past few years (<1%). Always negative, always finding and abusing exploits, always bullying the new players, always raging about the most recent update in some way, using edgy 4chan-style lingo that left the internet vogue nearly 2 decades ago. I'm not going to name names, but everyone here knows who they are. It's important - both for players and Jorb and Loftar - to keep in mind this is a small extremely vocal minority in an otherwise great community and most gaming communities have these bad apples. They're a reminder of the internet's darker past. Ignore everything they say - they are biased against everyone but themselves, jaded, arguably mentally ill. Keep doing what you do J+L, it's clearly an attractive game to a lot of people and has stayed that way even since legacy.
TerraSleet

Postby Clemins » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:48 pm

Clemins

Postby DonVelD » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:08 pm

TerraSleet wrote:Besides the borderline-incel take on male/female relations, I agree. Every year or so I check in on this little hobbyist labour of love, and I see anywhere between 100 and 2000 active players (depending on world age usually). I've seen hundreds of indie games and studios fail, but this one has survived the test of time. It's not even on Steam, yet it's still chugging along. But every year I check the forums and see the same group of 5-10 people, out of the 4+ digits of people who have visited this game in the past few years (<1%). Always negative, always finding and abusing exploits, always bullying the new players, always raging about the most recent update in some way, using edgy 4chan-style lingo that left the internet vogue nearly 2 decades ago. I'm not going to name names, but everyone here knows who they are. It's important - both for players and Jorb and Loftar - to keep in mind this is a small extremely vocal minority in an otherwise great community and most gaming communities have these bad apples. They're a reminder of the internet's darker past. Ignore everything they say - they are biased against everyone but themselves, jaded, arguably mentally ill. Keep doing what you do J+L, it's clearly an attractive game to a lot of people and has stayed that way even since legacy.

yeah, i hate aleck too
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar