low 3rd party support

General discussion and socializing.

Re: low 3rd party support

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:49 pm

It's such faggot behavior to be in a 40man village with in-house devs and complain about only having an advantage or equal footing against 99% of the player-base.

There are people out there that don't have a drink keybind
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Sure buddy. You’re the resident expert in faggot behaviour so I’ll take your word for it.
Kaios

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm

Kaios wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:
Kaios wrote:snip

snap

snoop?

I agree. Those retards literally suicided their characters to gain more stats and grind even more. That's why I'm always arguing in favor of rolling stat caps for example, or praising other mechanics like the pyre global cooldown, or stuff like nerfing salt, cause NEETs grind 16 hours per day, and it's just aids to fight against them. And in the end it's still them allying 2 more factions, only to outnumber you 3 to 1.

But honestly, I used Ender's client for the first month cause we literally didn't have a working client that wasn't crashing.
There are no features that show you the cooldown of the enemy (simply cause this game lags every 3 seconds, so it's always incorrect). At least I've never had/used something like that.
Please just trust me, the drinking button is like 70% of the important advantages a custom client has. A better combat UI is 20%, and flatworld is the final 10%.

We had maybe 20 people in our group this world, including those that barely logged on/never went to fights. Meanwhile, Whatever bay had like 80 players. Even if they didn't have a custom client (which I'm confident they did tbh), they could still use Ender's client. The fact that they refuse to even try, but continue to complain about the most retarded shit and always act like absolute victims for entire years instead of trying to learn, and actually see the real problems, makes them no different than the devs.

Look at this thread for instance. Jorb asked for actionable items. We all listed literally everything we've proven to be stupid/require fixing for the past years. You think we're gonna see any change? I don't. It is very satisfying when they make changes to stuff that really matters, rather than adding even more bugged content. I just wish they focused on fixing the already existing stuff more often...

Anyway it's 2023 and Loftar still hasn't added a drink button in the vanilla client. It took me 10 minutes and zero java coding experience to just copy the code from another client into mine. Imagine how easy it would be for loftar to make a proper drinking button... Instead we're getting bugged bundles and pockets, when nobody asked for it, ever. Their argument is that custom clients will always have better features than the default client. This is why we don't have the most important feature in the default client, a drinking button, because custom clients will always have bots and shit. Makes sense.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:42 pm

imagine adding necessary features to default client. Imagine..
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:54 pm

If only I could fuck a tree or stand on a bridge
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:58 pm

Yes, you guys are right. I'm not trying to say the state of PvP is the fault of any particular player or even the custom client developers. I agree with you that these issues should be and need to be resolved by jorb and loftar and I sincerely agree they need to get their priorities in order. I'm only attempting to point out the reasons why I personally find PvP and combat in general to be distasteful and uninteresting altogether.

Nightdawg wrote:We had maybe 20 people in our group this world, including those that barely logged on/never went to fights. Meanwhile, Whatever bay had like 80 players. Even if they didn't have a custom client (which I'm confident they did tbh), they could still use Ender's client. The fact that they refuse to even try, but continue to complain about the most retarded shit and always act like absolute victims for entire years instead of trying to learn, and actually see the real problems, makes them no different than the devs.

I get that perspective, but if they are anything like the village I was in this world then I would bet that maybe 10% of those players have some sort of interest in PvP and I'd also put money down that a large majority of them stopped actively playing after a month or two. I do think you are correct in stating that such villages should be capable of handling one or two agitators that arrive directly outside the walls but again, perhaps there is something wrong with how these mechanics work in the first place if one single player feels so confident that they can take such a monumental risk and come out of it relatively unscathed, if they even took any damage or faced resistance at all.
Kaios

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm

I've been nearly the best in the world at WoW PVP. When playing OP classes in BiS gear and abusing every obscure mechanic/consumable to 5v1ing daily questing gamer dads is kinda hard. 10v1 is unthinkable.

In haven I'm mediocre at best and I could 1vX the entire bottom 50% of the server. It wouldn't even be hard. Haven is the only game I know with this issue, which makes me think that's pretty fucking fixable.

Step 1 is probably a drinking hotkey, but after 14 years that's not on the table so I don't think the issue is ever going away.
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:11 pm

PVP is just a means to an end. That end being getting as big of a tree/rock harem to "conversate" with (soon).
DDDsDD999

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:33 pm

As a side note, I've been addicted to Dwarf Fortress since its steam release and if they could add anything to this game that would garner my interest in it as much as I am interested in Dwarf Fortress now I would call that a step in the right direction.

One aspect of H&H that I think has been severely underutilized is the setting and the story/lore building that could occur if the world had a little more depth to it. Just saying, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if they took a more story based approach to development.
Kaios

Postby Clemins » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:51 pm

I'll be a bit of a broken record and say it. Drink key on default client when(?) plz and ty. This one small simple addition to the default client would be an enormous improvement and I seriously don't understand why the devs are being so stubborn about it.

I wrote a whole thing to respond to the anti-PVP crying going on here, but I remembered where I'm at right now and deleted it all. I'll simply sum it up with:

keep pushing for pvp features in vanilla client, else:

you're doing this to yourself
play something else
drink key
git gud
Clemins

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar