Based opinion.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Stop bullying the devs, It's counterproductive

Postby Virs » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:13 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
sMartins wrote:Make a spectacular game, much better than this and show them how it's done.

Custom client developers have already proven it's trivial to create a more enjoyable experience than Jorbtar. Jorbtar has proven they they are not willing or capable of learning from them.

XD It's like saying that people who do car tuning are better car designers than the ones that created these vehicles from a scratch.

Vanilla client is a miserable piece of garbage but you guys seem to have very little hesitation to belittlement on what these two created. Had it been a matter of being able to rewrite the client, we'd already have a decent hafen after all these years. I do get you feel scammed at game going in various directions which doesn't meet your desires and approval but at this point it's mere naivety to hope for good roll of an update. For me, this game has always been a sandbox for placing funny stone tiles and observing how people suck balls at micromanaging their shitholes + some unbalanced PvP as in too many other games - nothing to write about for years to come.
Virs

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:17 pm

Virs wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:
sMartins wrote:Make a spectacular game, much better than this and show them how it's done.

Custom client developers have already proven it's trivial to create a more enjoyable experience than Jorbtar. Jorbtar has proven they they are not willing or capable of learning from them.

XD It's like saying that people who do car tuning are better car designers than the ones that created these vehicles from a scratch.

Vanilla client is a miserable piece of garbage but you guys seem to have very little hesitation to belittlement on what these two created. Had it been a matter of being able to rewrite the client, we'd already have a decent hafen after all these years. I do get you feel scammed at game going in various directions which doesn't meet your desires and approval but at this point it's mere naivety to hope for good roll of an update. For me, this game has always been a sandbox for placing funny stone tiles and observing how people suck balls at micromanaging their shitholes + some unbalanced PvP as in too many other games - nothing to write about for years to come.

Brother if the car comes out of the factory without wheels, pedals, or a driver seat, and someone fixes it, that someone ain't a car tuner.

I know we got the engine and literally everything that can turn the wheels, but if you've spent all that time building that entire car from scratch then you refuse to add the wheels, that's just stupid.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 am

Nightdawg wrote:Brother if the car comes out of the factory without wheels, pedals, or a driver seat, and someone fixes it, that someone ain't a car tuner.

I know we got the engine and literally everything that can turn the wheels, but if you've spent all that time building that entire car from scratch then you refuse to add the wheels, that's just stupid.

If 2 dudes engineered a working combustible engine from scratch in their garage, that's extremely impressive. I wouldn't give a fuck if it had wheels on it or not.
dagrimreefah

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:24 am

> this is impressive but doesn't work at all because of ongoing retarded decisions

Yes. I couldn't have put it better myself, unironically
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:33 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:> this is impressive but doesn't work at all because of ongoing retarded decisions

Yes. I couldn't have put it better myself, unironically

Please make a game engine that works (just the game engine, and yes it does function as a working game engine despite what you say) then come talk faggot
dagrimreefah

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:51 am

Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic about a car without wheels being good.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:55 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Oh. I thought you were being sarcastic about a car without wheels being good.

bro I might be autistic but I'm not retarded lol

I think it's impressive they built a working game engine but I'm in no way claiming that the car they built around it is "good"
dagrimreefah

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:54 am

My point is that if they have the capacity to build the entire car from scratch, the wheels should be a piece of cake that takes 5 minutes.

I'm not saying what they did is not impressive, or that I could do that. But if I'm able to put on a set of wheels, then imagine how much *they* could do. Yet we're not asking them to do all of that, we just asking for the wheels.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar