General discussion and socializing.

Re: 660,960

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:How many people pick curios with lower LP/H when there is a same effort alternative? Even casuals don't want to feel like they're wasting their effort.

It's the game's job to make the """correct""" way to play fun. It's not fun to search through a database so large the human brain literally (literally) cannot comprehend it, just to pick out a dozen or so good recipes.

effort is cringe, I will study this bug I found along the shore with 50 lp an hour.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby vatas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Bugs are fine to be not that great curios since you can just pick them up and throw into the study.

Better curiosity analogue to "LARP and/or newbie trap foods that are waste of your time" would be stuff like (fired) Hand Impression, Crude Idol, and Rattle-Tattle-Talisman.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Thu May 04, 2023 12:27 pm

Adding "Chives" or "Kvann" when crafting "Shrimp Skewer" has no effect other than quality. FEP base amount and ratio stays exactly the same.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat May 27, 2023 5:45 am

Shit should just reshuffle every ingame year, that way it's impossible to determine the best recipes reasonably, and people can stop complaining that others are monopolizing the better recipes.

This would have the added benefit of giving you a net positive for not being a dick to other players. Then they may be willing to share their yearly recipes with you.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Vigilance » Sat May 27, 2023 3:17 pm

wonder-ass wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:How many people pick curios with lower LP/H when there is a same effort alternative? Even casuals don't want to feel like they're wasting their effort.

It's the game's job to make the """correct""" way to play fun. It's not fun to search through a database so large the human brain literally (literally) cannot comprehend it, just to pick out a dozen or so good recipes.

effort is cringe, I will study this bug I found along the shore with 50 lp an hour.

shut up, questcuck.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby DonVelD » Sun May 28, 2023 11:27 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Shit should just reshuffle every ingame year, that way it's impossible to determine the best recipes reasonably, and people can stop complaining that others are monopolizing the better recipes.

This would have the added benefit of giving you a net positive for not being a dick to other players. Then they may be willing to share their yearly recipes with you.

shit like this maybe works in your head, but that pretty much happened this world, albeit it was only one reset it still was just annoying for everyone for no reason cause its the tryhards that get the good recipes early on if they are determined enough. enjoy eating your +1 dex food or w/e sprucecaps

your post is just screaming "please make the game not enjoyable for everyone even more"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Sun May 28, 2023 2:06 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:and people can stop complaining that others are monopolizing the better recipes

Brother I'm not going to lie to you, I have no idea who you are and what you do. I always wondered why these cringe retards always called YOU the retard.
I see the 2011 join date under your username and although that starts raising red flags for me when I read your message, it's not enough to instantly assume you're one of those "played for 12 years, still has no clue how to play the game" losers.

Anyway:
1. Who mentioned "monopolizing the better recipes"?
2. Did you actually 100% entirely miss the point of this thread?
3. Are you genuinely trying to change the topic to a more retarded approach on purpose, as if that's what we needed?

My point is that there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of recipes for A SINGLE TYPE of food, 99.9% of which are pointless. We all know the good recipes, nobody's monopolizing shit. Your idea just takes the issue and multiplies it by 10.
You can't "monopolize a recipe". I beg you to stop giving jorb more retarded ideas, this man is already speedrunning "Hi, I'm a dev ruining my game!", and he should not be helped in doing so.

Just answer this last question for me, if you will.
Why is it every time we point out a stupid retarded piece of shit mechanic, one of you crawls out of some hole just to suggest an even worse idea?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Krieg-in-a-Box » Sun May 28, 2023 10:16 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Just answer this last question for me, if you will.
Why is it every time we point out a stupid retarded piece of shit mechanic, one of you crawls out of some hole just to suggest an even worse idea?

Please allow this nobody to come in and drop this hot take;

It's for attention
Krieg-in-a-Box

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon May 29, 2023 1:09 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

Imagine if people trying to design an experience for others understood basic, well documented game theory
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue May 30, 2023 11:39 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Your idea just takes the issue and multiplies it by 10.

Yes, my idea makes finding the most optimal recipe so difficult that you might as well give up trying.
You can either quit, overcome your cognitive dissonance that not every choice you make is optimal, or live in severe pain that you aren't maximizing your FEP every time you eat a piece of food.
The way I see it, any one of those three outcomes is a win.

That said, status quo is fine too. The neet squad's anguish is pretty funny to catch up on every once in a while.
For people without much going for them other than being able to claim that they are 1337 PVPers in an obscure farming/exploration MMO, there are some really inflated egos in comparison to accomplishments here. That's probably why some are so convinced that the game should be designed around their own playstyles, while remaining oblivious to the possibility that certain aspects of the game aren't designed for competitive parity but rather the joy of discovery or other ends.

Here's another one for Jorb/Loftar to make it even better: Give every character a random seed/string that the food recipes are modified from, making every recipe modifier unique to every character. In that way, you can stop players from creating a database to share a recipe (or gathering it from a client automatically.)
Robben_DuMarsch

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar