Object-Controlled Objects Close to Release

General discussion and socializing.

Object-Controlled Objects Close to Release

Postby Ysh » Mon May 15, 2023 11:37 pm

Hey, hey, and a new hello to you all my friends,

As many player does, I have private investigations team on my own payroll for this purpose of developer communications gateway. Recently my agent have discover that this jorb and loftar conduct some secret meeting with individual on routine basis. We are unable to contact such individual directly, or else to tip off they are being followed to spoil my situation.

However, instead, I have arranged for access from nearby building to where these men will do their meetings. From here, it can be possible to establish remote viewing telescope aimed at hidden secret. Unfortunate that these developer were a bit clever and have deployed anti-telescoping device to their window portals. Unfortunate to me, perhaps, but more unfortunate to them is that this era we do all live in is this future era, and so the capability of technology is vast. Over past days, weeks, months, years of labors, we have captured the myriad of glimmer through some blinds devices cover the window. A few shimmer of light today, some particular shadow tomorrow, and so on. After capture so much of these data from our telescopes, we can augment findings using the brains of mechanical men to reassemble original imagery.

Here you can see a small boat, with a body and a sail, and a player stood inside. That player is able to do regular interactions on the boat, and see other players doing activities on the dock. This player is also in control of the boat, and can use point-and-click movement to traverse the waters. Please note! This movement and control scheme are not final! But we are using it here to demonstrate how a player can be part of a moving entity.

As you will find, this is damning evidence that second most anticipated Haven and Hearth new game feature after new race dogmen, object-controlled objects, is close at hand.

This is the final ripened fruits of these labors, from the mettle and the metal of men.

I take great risk to personal safety to release this information, so as always, thanks to you all for your consideration.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Re: Object-Controlled Objects Close to Release

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue May 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Thank you Ysh, your dedication to roleplaying whatever it is you have been roleplaying for the past 13 years is admirable.

As to the video: Cool. Is this a clip of a person doing something similar to an object controlled object in another engine?

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I have a high degree of confidence that Loftar would be unable to copy paste unreal or unity solutions into his engine.

As an aside, and as an outsider to the industry, it feels disconcerting that there's been so much industry consolidation into Unreal engine. It seems to me that studios used to usually have their own internal forks from engines, or entirely home grown solutions.

Cdprojekt Red has abandoned Redengine for unreal, Amazon abandoned their cryengine fork with AWS integration (lumberyard) for unreal, SOE's behemoth solution that they built their games on and allowed the technically brilliant Planetside 2 to exist has basically been consigned to the history books. Cryengine seems to be hardly utilized by anyone at all except for the Crysis studio themselves, showcasing their only real modern game with it, Hunt: Showdown. Unity is rarer for PC games these days, usually adopted by indie devs.

Is it because it's just easier to acquire new talent in a turnover heavy industry that already have unreal experience? Or is unreal really so technically ahead of the competition and easy to use that it has just supplanted home grown solutions?

Will this have an effect on game diversity in the future? Unreal may be technically brilliant for it's graphical fidelity and productivity integrations, but it seems to have practical resource limitations (server load in a multiplayer environment) on player and entity count that one Nordic dude surpassed by himself in a basement in the late 2000s and early 2010s.

Will games all start to feel derivative if they are all unreal engine designed?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Granny » Wed May 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Ysh wrote:
I take great risk to personal safety to release this information, so as always, thanks to you all for your consideration.

Thanks for providing us with this very important info at such a great risk to yourself! Take care and stay safe. I am awaiting your next update with anticipation, and some fear.
Granny

Postby The_Blode » Wed May 17, 2023 8:49 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:your dedication to roleplaying whatever it is you have been roleplaying for the past 13 years is admirable.

It's wild. I remember being impressed by someone maintaining third-person in their posts for years on GameFAQs and other boards. Ysh takes it to the next level, every sentence needs to have some kind of bizarre ESL error in it, it has both pattern and no pattern, it is art.
The_Blode

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 18, 2023 5:56 am

Someone should tell Jorb that Jagex is copying their ideas 1:1 :idea:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby overtyped » Fri May 19, 2023 9:13 pm

The_Blode wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:your dedication to roleplaying whatever it is you have been roleplaying for the past 13 years is admirable.

It's wild. I remember being impressed by someone maintaining third-person in their posts for years on GameFAQs and other boards. Ysh takes it to the next level, every sentence needs to have some kind of bizarre ESL error in it, it has both pattern and no pattern, it is art.

People who talk in the third person are absolute clowns.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri May 19, 2023 10:01 pm

overtyped wrote:People who talk in the third person are absolute clowns.

Somebody told me that dagrimreefah says talking in the 4th person is even more clowny.
dagrimreefah

Postby overtyped » Sat May 20, 2023 4:14 am

dagrimreefah wrote:
overtyped wrote:People who talk in the third person are absolute clowns.

Somebody told me that dagrimreefah says talking in the 4th person is even more clowny.

Luckily we all don't know anyone who does that.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby sMartins » Sat May 20, 2023 10:00 am

What is it that they don't know?
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby gravesmerch » Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 pm

devs should go full boomer and make IRL sprucecap fishing stream on one of those beautiful nordic lakes
gravesmerch

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar