Under curfew

Re: even the bots have abandoned the forum

Postby gravesmerch » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:22 pm

eventually AI bots will be 99% of internet users
gravesmerch

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:47 am

gravesmerch wrote:eventually AI bots will be 99% of internet users

One of those things that used to be a conspiracy theory, but is increasingly a prophecy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:19 pm

bumfrog wrote:the bots have abandoned the forum

Actually, it's just that this has been working really well. I have noticed it having some impact against legitimate users, but given the impact it has had on bots, I'd have to say it's been worth it, even though I still resent it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby vatas » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:36 am

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:43 pm

Part of the fixes I mentioned is that I get logs about potential bot posts, which makes it considerably easier for me to review and remove them without looking through every single post made. I already saw and removed the ones you mentioned, for example.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:18 pm

loftar wrote:Part of the fixes I mentioned is that I get logs about potential bot posts, which makes it considerably easier for me to review and remove them without looking through every single post made. I already saw and removed the ones you mentioned, for example.

¦] Fight bots on forum, maybe time to turn to the game as well?
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby fulma » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:19 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
loftar wrote:Part of the fixes I mentioned is that I get logs about potential bot posts, which makes it considerably easier for me to review and remove them without looking through every single post made. I already saw and removed the ones you mentioned, for example.

I was pretty happy when I found a pearl after boiling 3 whellbarrows of river pearl mussels but when one guy from my village bot'ed enought to gave one pearl neclage to everyone on my village I didn't fell pretty happy anymore...
fulma

Postby sMartins » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:11 am

<3
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:47 am

fulma wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:

I was pretty happy when I found a pearl after boiling 3 whellbarrows of river pearl mussels but when one guy from my village bot'ed enought to gave one pearl neclage to everyone on my village I didn't fell pretty happy anymore...

Are you even playing Haven and Hearth if by day 4 into the new world you don't have a bot cycling through 80 alts at different underground bodies of water constantly logging in and out to check for anglers, while also opening thousands of mussels, while also doing 500 tanning tubs?
Robben_DuMarsch

Return to The Inn of Brodgar