Any news on the o-c-o dev progress?

General discussion and socializing.

Any news on the o-c-o dev progress?

Postby Knife0ut » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:31 pm

Does anyone have any info in the state of development of the object-controlled-objects?

If thats J&L main focus right now, is it possible the next world will come after the o-c-o implementation? Duration of w12, w13 and w14 were all about year and a bit, so I was quite optimistic about upcoming w15 but it may be delayed to start with o-c-o and fix problems that may arise with it during w15.

Kinda in the dark here and just want to listen to what you guys know or your thoughts on that matter. :)
Knife0ut

Re: Any news on the o-c-o dev progress?

Postby MooCow » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:42 pm

From what I understand, oco requires a rewrite of almost the whole game engine. Additionally progress is non-linear, meaning that without a good understanding of the game code itself, getting an update other than "still working on it" is somewhat meaningless. This is made worse by the reality that something like this can go from 'almost done' to 'completely starting over' multiple times before it becomes finished for real.

That said, I too would love an update on the current state of the work. This kind of stuff is extraordinarily fascinating to me
MooCow

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm

Spend 10 years developing walkable bridges so I can make fun of you for wasting your time
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:21 pm

Loftar's still working on other stuff, from what we can see in his client code commits (and jorb codes absolutely nothing, so it's just Loftar).

I doubt World 15 will be postponed till OCO is out, since it'll probably not happen any time soon.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby noindyfikator » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:39 pm

Devs are silent since last year, I am sure they hard focused on oco. That's why they ignore regular patches and forum. Big oco release - Autumn 2023. Save this post.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby bumfrog » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:37 am

they do a devstream like 2 weeks before every reset
and in each one of these Prelude devstreams some poor sap in the twitch chat asks “hey guys how bout that oco are we resetting to implement oco”
and the past three times he’s been asked that Loftar goes “—oh yeah! I mean, we’ve been pretty busy generating a whole new world, but surely afterwards we’ll get sta- I mean, make some serious steps in oco development”

so yeah you can expect oco around the time of the next wipe and do that for the next 5 wipes too
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby jordancoles » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:43 am

Jorb said OCO next patch :geek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Halbertz » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:03 am

OCO in 2 weeks guys.
Source: I've seen it in my dream.
Halbertz

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:44 pm

Halbertz wrote:OCO in 2 weeks guys.
Source: I've seen it in my dream.