W14 Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive

General discussion and socializing.

W14 Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive

Postby yym331 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ

The intention behind this video is to provide guidance and an archive for Haven and Hearth players, especially newcomers, after a world wipe. Some aspects of the game can be challenging to explain through text alone, so the video aims to fill that gap. I realized there was a lack of comprehensive guides and archives, so I started working on this project about a week ago.

I created this video because I cannot personally assist player(friend) every day, and it's a way to help them get started. While the combat mechanics will change significantly in W15, experiencing the W14 regulations should give you a good sense of the game's atmosphere. Unfortunately, I won't have time to create videos immediately after W15's release due to other commitments, but I hope you enjoy this historical perspective.

Since my primary language system uses a different language from the alphabet, there might be some variations in pronunciation and intonation. However, I have included English subtitles to ensure that the content is understandable. The video has been extensively edited to convey the information effectively, even without voice narration.

The video covers various elements introduced in W14, providing an overview of the overall gameplay experience. Here are the timestamps for different sections of the video:

0:19 - Preface
1:27 - Archery Course
8:49 - Close Combat
10:24 - Cave Loading Combat
11:23 - Melee Combat Course
12:59 - Boat Hunting and Boat Cheese
14:23 - Aggro and Re-Aggro
15:11 - Land Battle
17:14 - Walrus Hunting
17:57 - Mammoth Trap
19:39 - Den
20:23 - Dungeon
23:30 - Finally

enjoy W15.
Attachments
Haven and Hearth  狩猟と戦闘の秘密 -備忘録.jpg
Haven and Hearth 狩猟と戦闘の秘密 -備忘録.jpg (45.05 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

Re: W14 Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Arc

Postby Clemins » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Damn, very nice video man! Honestly, it's very well made with great advice. Haven lacks a lot of up to date tutorial/learning content (or any explanation in some cases) and I really like how much detail you provide for prerequisites instead of just making a video of combat. A lot of what you talked about is also a very good general overview of combat in haven beyond just hunting and I recommend anyone new or somehow still not engaging in anything combat related, watch this video.

Hopefully, the upcoming health changes don't completely change how combat/hunting works and your video is still relevant lol
Clemins

Postby Cairon » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:43 pm

Nicely made and edited video. Includes most relevant scenarios. Enjoyed watching it.

For anyone considering a new one for W15, Maybe consider mentioning Beaver Lodges, Bat Dungeons, Trolls, and Cave Critters.
But yeah, hopefully most of this still remains relevant for W15.
Cairon

Postby loleznub » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:19 pm

You don't see high quality guides like this very often, leave it to our Japanese friends to publish something nice instead of what most would do
loleznub

Postby DonVelD » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:27 pm

great tutorial, i approve!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Return to The Inn of Brodgar