I ued to think midge damage was a lot

General discussion and socializing.

I ued to think midge damage was a lot

Postby The_Blode » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:36 pm

We went camping and got absolutely ruined by them and I now think the damage model is accurate
The_Blode

Re: I ued to think midge damage was a lot

Postby VDZ » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:39 pm

Did you get several allergic reactions at the same time sapping you of all of your strength and agility?
VDZ

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:41 pm

The_Blode wrote:We went camping and got absolutely ruined by them and I now think the damage model is accurate

Not sure how close Sand Flies are to midges but they led to one of my worst nights I've ever had. Was forced to go fishing on a 3 day trip and the sand flies were able to get through our rather tight tent mesh, maybe even through the nylon seems by how many of the fuckers were attacking us. Trying to hide in sleeping bags and covering your face and they still get in, biting and itching everywhere. Led to an asthma attack and I ended up sleeping in the car for 2 days.

If there's one thing we should remove from this world it should be all these terrible bugs.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Miss_Min » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:03 pm

I have also seen someone who could barely walk because of reactions to sand fly bites that resulted in infections needing antibiotics so yeah, she had a pretty big str and agi debuff there.

Itchy bites probably lead to a greater int and per debuff for me; I'm distracted by the itching, I'm sleeping badly and waking myself up scratching, I'm annoying everyone in the vicinity more than usual (cha debuff too?).
Miss_Min

Postby The_Blode » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm

i should mention that I have been camping plenty, just that place has never had them (at least never had enough to be noticed) in the 25-ish years i've been camping there. experienced them for bits and spurts during an afternoon elsewhere, but man, a few days of being bug food sure is something else
The_Blode

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:37 pm

The_Blode wrote:i should mention that I have been camping plenty, just that place has never had them (at least never had enough to be noticed) in the 25-ish years i've been camping there. experienced them for bits and spurts during an afternoon elsewhere, but man, a few days of being bug food sure is something else

it is truly ass yes, but building a big roaring fire and basking in the smoke really does wonders (if you happen to camp somewhere that allows fires or has designated fire pits)

there's also rubbing pine or spruce needles on your clothes, often i go for both. raagh!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Return to The Inn of Brodgar