W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

Postby vatas » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:13 pm

Jorb implemented that after figuring out he can just make the progressed item remember the average fuel quality it has gained per tick, so the old "11 crap coal, 1 hq coal" exploit won't work but you can still keep the progress if smelters runs out of fuel during the process.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby GamingRAM » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:23 am

gravesmerch wrote:spoilers

anyone find what that new soil type does exactly? it starts with a "P"...

I mean i know you can use it as soil, but... is it faster?

If you're referring to Peat, it's not new to W15.

It can be used as fuel.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Muzk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:52 am

Any experiences trying to find ore no cave level 1 this world? I've gone a few tiles in eveery direction spamming rustroot but I cannot find a single vein of ore anywhere near me. Last world there was at least some
Muzk

Postby abt79 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:32 am

Miss_Min wrote:It did that last world, too.

Can confirm that the guys at 40,31 have among other things grape and peapod, but the original WWWs probably came from somewhere further west / northwest.

Skilled players had grape seeds weeks ago, as early as Day One. Here’s how:
”Fox Den” minidungeons can in their loot chests drop “Sour Grapes” - a curio which can also be eaten to bear regular plantable grape seeds

Ah I love weird edge case loopholes via dev oversight when overhauling complexity-bloated systems. Glad they didn’t go through with that HP change after all.

Early grapes weren’t that advantageous since vinegar can be made by pressing apples and pears. Ponder now if any other seeds were available earlier than intended…
abt79

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:44 am

tfw no blumpkin
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:27 am

abt79 wrote:[
Ah I love weird edge case loopholes via dev oversight when overhauling complexity-bloated systems. Glad they didn’t go through with that HP change after all.

Early grapes weren’t that advantageous since vinegar can be made by pressing apples and pears. Ponder now if any other seeds were available earlier than intended…

wouldnt even matter, as you would get an maximum of 1 cycle advantage over anyone else, before www start spawning,
its an similar gating mechanic as minepyres, if somebody would raid jorbs buttcheeks for day 1 flax we would have gotten www from it as soon as the plant reached its last stage,
Reiber

Postby PauloGreco » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:22 am

Is eating working correctly currently? I seem to not be getting any FEPs. Yesterday it was just fine, anyone experiencing anything similar? I just ate some nutjerky and some nuts to check it out and it's not working.

Update : After eating awhile, since i needed the energy, and it was still refilling energy even though i had no FEP gains and no Satiety changes, i realized that it doesn't seem to work unless i am Healing. Is this a new feature, or is it a bug?
PauloGreco

Postby Fostik » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:57 am

abt79 wrote:Ah I love weird edge case loopholes via dev oversight when overhauling complexity-bloated systems. Glad they didn’t go through with that HP change after all.

Damn if it's true it's really cool mechanic, I liked that players can get some hq tree seeds from ant dungeon, but finding different type farming crops in mini dungeons is a way better.
Can I assume pepper might be found at wolf dungeon then?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Reiber » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:41 am

Fostik wrote:
abt79 wrote:Ah I love weird edge case loopholes via dev oversight when overhauling complexity-bloated systems. Glad they didn’t go through with that HP change after all.

Damn if it's true it's really cool mechanic, I liked that players can get some hq tree seeds from ant dungeon, but finding different type farming crops in mini dungeons is a way better.
Can I assume pepper might be found at wolf dungeon then?

i am pretty sure it isnt, the grape item has existed since last world, probbably was just not considered when they thought up wild seeds,
Reiber

Postby ULGMsean » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:54 pm

abt79 wrote:
Miss_Min wrote:It did that last world, too.

Can confirm that the guys at 40,31 have among other things grape and peapod, but the original WWWs probably came from somewhere further west / northwest.

Skilled players had grape seeds weeks ago, as early as Day One. Here’s how:
”Fox Den” minidungeons can in their loot chests drop “Sour Grapes” - a curio which can also be eaten to bear regular plantable grape seeds

Thanks to this info, finally manage to finish "Eat Grape" quest without waiting for long growing time of grapes.
マイルズ
ULGMsean

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar