W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

General discussion and socializing.

Re: W15: Undisclosed Discoveries Thread

Postby gravesmerch » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:55 pm

PauloGreco wrote:Is eating working correctly currently? I seem to not be getting any FEPs. Yesterday it was just fine, anyone experiencing anything similar? I just ate some nutjerky and some nuts to check it out and it's not working.

Update : After eating awhile, since i needed the energy, and it was still refilling energy even though i had no FEP gains and no Satiety changes, i realized that it doesn't seem to work unless i am Healing. Is this a new feature, or is it a bug?

yea, you can eat just for energy, provided you are not Healing and you click "Eat"

if you click feast button on a table you'll always get FEPs and affetc satiety always
gravesmerch

Postby abt79 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:50 pm

Fostik wrote:Damn if it's true it's really cool mechanic, I liked that players can get some hq tree seeds from ant dungeon, but finding different type farming crops in mini dungeons is a way better.
Can I assume pepper might be found at wolf dungeon then?

No, as mentioned above this interaction is unintended; that’s what I meant by “oversight”.

However if you really want to get ahead, try Bee Dungeons, which were also added late last world. Among several OP materials, curios and Foods they can drop
every single type of Flower including high perexp and spring-exclusive varieties - though I can’t yet confirm Bluebells are on the drop table, i can confirm pretty much everything else: coltsfoot, camomile, etc
abt79

Postby Soukuw » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:58 am

Turns out preventing raids is profitable.
It's raining q25 tin nuggets!

To explain more if anyone else hasn't posted about it:
You seem to need to attack a thingwall and wait awhile before you can raid anyone within the region, you can break the attack with 50 Strength and a pickaxe seemingly

Edit: Also for the record it spews out in a cute volcano so get out there and get some comfy best thing I've found boating down the coast
Soukuw

Postby Hickupp » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:02 pm

Soukuw wrote:To explain more if anyone else hasn't posted about it:

Dev's posted about it. Does that count ?
Prelude: World 15 wrote: The Thing Peace challenge requires some amount of precious metal to build. If destroyed, this precious metal is given back in the area where it is destroyed for anyone (presumably its attackers and/or defenders) to pick up, hopefully giving some incentive to third parties to destroy challenges.
Hickupp

Postby gravesmerch » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:11 pm

Soukuw wrote:ImageIt's raining q25 tin nuggets!

i thought precious metal was silver or gold
gravesmerch

Postby 86251c13 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:42 pm

gravesmerch wrote:i thought precious metal was silver or gold

You have to consider it from the perspective of Jorb's hermitages which never advance past L1.
86251c13

Postby Barbamaus » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:42 pm

gravesmerch wrote:It's raining q25 tin nuggets!

i thought precious metal was silver or gold[/quote]

It was, but for some stupid reason they changed it to any metal. Which loses its point completely, since precious metal made it interesting for anyone to help defend (to loot the metal), while nobody cares about crap metal, meaning factions won't bother defending areas outside of their own territory since there's no real gain.
Barbamaus

Postby Sevenless » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:48 am

Barbamaus wrote:
gravesmerch wrote:It's raining q25 tin nuggets!

i thought precious metal was silver or gold

It was, but for some stupid reason they changed it to any metal. Which loses its point completely, since precious metal made it interesting for anyone to help defend (to loot the metal), while nobody cares about crap metal, meaning factions won't bother defending areas outside of their own territory since there's no real gain.[/quote]

You can apparently make it from any tier of metal, with the tier changing how fast the challenge goes through and how long it needs to be defended.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby mrM » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:58 pm

Rock crystal seems much more common now. Ive already found several spots this world. Last world i think i found 3 or 4 spots in total, with tons of exploring / mining.
World 7 : hermit
World 12-14 : hermit
World 15 : hermit
mrM

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar