Truly at a loss

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Truly at a loss

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 am

MoonShioss wrote:Well this was crazy xD

Just figured I'd update saying I destroyed my palisade walls and found my spare keys and replaced every lock. Thanks for telling me about Lament; I guess overall I basically lost nothing but some double gild clothes that were outdated anyways. Thank goodness for wrecking balls and people who had no idea where I lived because I was half way across the continent lol. :D

That's what I'm talkin about babey!!!!!!! :D Now log out next time you gotta pee.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerona » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:05 am

Audiosmurf wrote:You know that being condescending only works properly if you're intelligent, right?
This is what I meant when I said you weren't going to make much progress if you just keep blaming someone else. If condescension ever accomplishes anything, it's not because of the qualities of the person performing it, it's those of the person receiving it. And really, all it accomplishes is conveying a sense of superiority, warranted or not. If you understood that, you wouldn't be wasting your time pretending to be a moral authority.
Aerona

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Aerona wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:You know that being condescending only works properly if you're intelligent, right?
This is what I meant when I said you weren't going to make much progress if you just keep blaming someone else. If condescension ever accomplishes anything, it's not because of the qualities of the person performing it, it's those of the person receiving it. And really, all it accomplishes is conveying a sense of superiority, warranted or not. If you understood that, you wouldn't be wasting your time pretending to be a moral authority.

:roll:
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby AlexNT » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:45 pm

Just figured I'd update saying I destroyed my palisade walls and found my spare keys and replaced every lock.

Did you renew your claim bond?
AlexNT

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:27 pm

MoonShioss wrote:I realized what do they even gain from murdering me

A feeling of power.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby MoonShioss » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 am

AlexNT wrote:

Just figured I'd update saying I destroyed my palisade walls and found my spare keys and replaced every lock.

Did you renew your claim bond?

I did. Still had a good 24 hours left before they stole it too, thanks for asking :)
MoonShioss

Postby WowGain » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am

springyb wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I always love these I played for a week here are my hot opinions threads

Maybe hearing it from a new player perspective will highlight how dumb key mechanics are. I think almost everyone who actively posts here has asked for gates to work with permissions to avoid having to learn this the life ruining way.

"i mined straight down in minecraft and fell into lava and died, this is bad game design"

"i didn't lasthit any of my minions while playing bot in LoL and my whole team raged at me for throwing the game, this is bad game design"

"i stood still while in a sniper sightline on Upward in tf2, this is bad game design"

dude- shut up. there are absolutely things that are simply a plain skill issue that you learn from experience in games that do not need to be changed to be "easier" for new players, its that new players need to learn the skills to improve their comprehension of the gamestate.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Hesufo » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:14 pm

MoonShioss wrote:I feel I should mention that I was way tf out there for a reason and that's why I REALLY didn't want to tp back to hearthfire

You could've just logged out.
Hesufo

Postby The_Blode » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:55 pm

I'm bookmarking this thread so that when 4chan is down next, I can come to this thread and read Aerona's posts to get my "conversation that feels like you're talking to a wall with profound mental retardation" fix
The_Blode

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:19 am

Seek professional help. That doesn't seem like a healthful addiction to have. I should know, because that's how it is talking to most of the people who are eager to respond to my posts. More of an affliction than an addiction, there, though. I'd love to have some more discussion with people who don't see red and can actually read my words without fantasizing about artificially-intelligent Shublas or whatever.
Aerona

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar