How big is this area?
captainmorgan

Re: Wild plants -- solid idea ruined by the implementation

Postby Reiber » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:26 pm

captainmorgan wrote:
Reiber wrote:its based around the crops growing in your area,

How big is this area?

nobody knows, might be province based, might be mapgrid based,
if you run along an bigger village you should be certain to pick their seeds up,

also can confirm, we had early grapeseeds from foxdungeons, and the second oure grapes reached maturity, grapeseeds started coming out of www
Reiber

Postby trinh » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:01 pm

for sure it's not province based, I live in my province alone (for now hehe) and I got seeds I dont have from WWWs.
Hard to call it catch up, I doubt sane people do farmer-fighters-foragers roaming area for good q seeds, and it's pretty annoying when you take low q samples from around hearthlands just to find out you have 50th time hemp seed.
trinh

Postby Reiber » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:13 pm

trinh wrote:for sure it's not province based, I live in my province alone (for now hehe) and I got seeds I dont have from WWWs.
Hard to call it catch up, I doubt sane people do farmer-fighters-foragers roaming area for good q seeds, and it's pretty annoying when you take low q samples from around hearthlands just to find out you have 50th time hemp seed.

you can kind of guess wich seed comes out based on quality for now, if its q40+ its probbably carrots or turnips,

in generall, it delayed early farming, and people that didnt start during the first week can skip the wildcrop stage compleatly now, just forage before you have an palisade and start farming like we used to,

and once the quality grind pushes off you can just pick up q 100+ seeds or whatever, remember, they cap off of your farming not survival,

btw, if you are playing solo/small groups, forager-hunter-farmer is the standard path you are gonna take your character in, anyway, beliving farmers/non fighters shouldnt leave base is an mindset only bigger settlements allow to breed, and if you are part of one, you should have started with worldstart, or have access to recources from someone that did
Reiber

Postby Harunobu » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:34 pm

Yeah basically if you are the one most ahead in your area, there's not much point in WWWs, except if you need more volume of a certain crop.

If you miss out on the wild-types, you can collect WWW, but you mostly get the fast mass-produced crops like hemp. And pumpkin and grape will be rare.
That said, I did find my first pumpkin from WWW now, before my own gourds even converted. And it came from a surprisingly high q51 WWW.
Harunobu

Postby Reiber » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:23 pm

Harunobu wrote:Yeah basically if you are the one most ahead in your area, there's not much point in WWWs, except if you need more volume of a certain crop.

If you miss out on the wild-types, you can collect WWW, but you mostly get the fast mass-produced crops like hemp. And pumpkin and grape will be rare.
That said, I did find my first pumpkin from WWW now, before my own gourds even converted. And it came from a surprisingly high q51 WWW.

to my experience the amount of crops planted has almost no effect, it was just an issue in the early game where hemp was the only domesticated plant,
we still have more than 80% of our fields dedicated to hemp, but most of the www in the area are turnips,leek, and red onions,

but since the first grape plant seeded, grapes do show up in our www, i have almost as many plants from our own www as i have harvested from the 3 seeds we picked up day 2., both of wich are on the same quality
Reiber

Postby Harunobu » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:54 pm

Ah so it is a balanced ratio once it is present. Then you could indeed use WWW to get more of a rare crop you just acquired but where you only have 1 or 2 growing. Ill try to see if I can get more pumpkin from WWW then.
Harunobu

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar