Wow its mindblowing you can just die here etc.

General discussion and socializing.

Wow its mindblowing you can just die here etc.

Postby Lorefin » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:30 am

It's very mind-blowing that you put so much work into your village and character but the people you meet can not just say - Hi and exchange some stuff with each other but run up to you and kill you or destroy your village completely etc. after you put so much work into these things, it's very unusual for a game to be like that :shock:

I knew you can die here and I even died to others ans stuff but idk why, it just came to me as a shocking thought today
Lorefin

Re: Wow its mindblowing you can just die here etc.

Postby Antvgr » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:44 am

There are friendly people, you(not you, but generally) rarely meet them though. The game is set to discourage any player to player interaction with it's extreme punishment for meeting unfriendly players, so most peaceful people tend to sit inside their palisade and auto-hearth when they see other players on the minimap while outside.
Antvgr

Postby Fostik » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:43 am

I don't know, you generally need to put more effort to destroy something than build.
Especially speaking about claimed palisade, you need to really piss someone off for person to find motivation to raid you.
And yet again, some base designs make it almost impossible to destroy your base entirely.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Lorefin » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:50 am

Fostik wrote:I don't know, you generally need to put more effort to destroy something than build.
Especially speaking about claimed palisade, you need to really piss someone off for person to find motivation to raid you.
And yet again, some base designs make it almost impossible to destroy your base entirely.

Btw. are there right now happening daily ram sieges like in Haven 1? Like a bunch of bases have a ram drying up to be used like just now? xd

I ofc remember famous palisade bashers, often as revered and protected mains who achieved a lot of str, going with their group of usually a bunch of people as a wave of destruction bashing from base to base, leaving behind a lot of bases broken into.

But I also remember if not this, like someone would log in and make a ram raid every bunch of days, like today we wait up for one to dry, next time they strike again in a few days and post screenshots to the moot and some hermit with a brickwall starts to cry in a post or some player posts screenshot that he has a ram near his base!

Then sometimes if the hermit was lucky, he got visited by someone strong enough to opose that group but i remember like one player trying to catch them off guard and there was drama as someone watching over the ram died but omg it was my warrior alt and then, that powerful player got caught by a gank and lost his ultra char etc. xD Remember these posts haha
Lorefin

Postby azrid » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Times have changed a lot.
You have to go through a lot more steps to siege a base.

2nd poster is also wrong because people just go outside on alts that are disposable.
Your main crafter who can build up new characters for outside play always stays safely inside.
Dying on an alt is even harder than ever before.
azrid

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:22 pm

It is the thrill you never find anywhere else. I always panic when ever I meet a stranger, as a builder and crafter it would mean certain death if I am unlucky.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:42 pm

azrid wrote:2nd poster is also wrong because people just go outside on alts that are disposable.
Your main crafter who can build up new characters for outside play always stays safely inside.

I can't imagine unironically playing like this on purpose. I miss the FEP system not being shit so I could only play once character :[
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby azrid » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:53 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
azrid wrote:2nd poster is also wrong because people just go outside on alts that are disposable.

I can't imagine unironically playing like this on purpose. I miss the FEP system not being shit so I could only play once character :[

alts always happen when you put limiters on character growth
I don't see jorb and loftar coming up with a solution
azrid

Return to The Inn of Brodgar