I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

General discussion and socializing.

Re: I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:51 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:The ability to go to a barterstand in your base and trade your x-products-you-enjoy-making for everything you need sounds amazing to me.

Feel free to apply to join Whatever Bay, Rosku will surely consider your application.

On a serious note, the only MMOs that I know where there's true market liquidity for everything are Albion and Eve (themepark MMOs usually don't let you trade much and crafting is often a money sink rather than for profit.)

In those MMOs, most of the things of any real value can only be gathered in the full loot PvP enabled areas. The devs constantly need to ban bots collecting things in any safe zones, which in HnH would extend to bases. But those bots are still prevalent enough that anything collected in a safe zone is so cheap it might as well cost nothing.

It'd be hard to do something similar in Haven, as easily botted food like cheese quickly overtakes most other production a couple months into the game, and most valuable goods can easily be produced in your base with little exterior inputs.

The economy far more resembles a survival game, where items gathered in the world are initially very valuable but fall off in importance as people start to run a surplus and then accumulate lots of wealth, before the server wipes/resets, starting the cycle anew. This incidentally makes botting less attractive and less problematic because the startup cost of setting up botted production is devalued (which I imagine is why you hate the idea of wipes, botting is probably the only reason you've ever been considered competitive and not low tier.)

Are you really mansplaining MMO economy to a community of MMO players?
Zentetsuken

Postby azrid » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:35 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Jorbtar will never make the game good tho

this is so true from any players perspective
azrid

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:44 pm

My problem with trading hubs, markets, etc, is the extreme optimization that happens, leading a certain "sterile realism", good for tokens basically, but not much else, unless larpers decide to do charity trading. Having a website track these hubs only exacerbate the feature, what is "valuable" gets optimized enough to "break the 4th wall" so to speak. Ideally trading could be less realistic, but I know is kinda impossible.

Dwarf Fortress had a good idea making traders as NPCs that brings you random trade offers at your door. Haven could adapt this to a claim building where you place and receive offers from NPC traders traveling between realm, or provinces. Randomization could adjust for avoiding bot tracking... etc etc

But I realize this breaks a lot of Haven way of doing things, so just venting at clouds here
gravesmerch

Postby popfor » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:54 am

Why i cannot spend 1 day foraging for high q tradeable goods... u see... things were good... until the govt intervened... they seized the means of production, and created an artificial value that was not in the original world, a value that no blueberries nor bear hides could compete with. Like Venezuela. Causing the average value of your time working to plummet, when instead of Gold, they paved the way to OOC currency. Once, you could waste 12 hours in a day and obtain reasonable goods. Now, you must venture outside, obtain a job in the real world, and then return, with the currency you obtained outside of the game, in order to compete in the games market. Havenflation, bithc

anyways wts 2 LC blueberries Q20+ for a Q250 sling that will 1 shot noobs over palisades pls
then i wts 2 more LC blueberries for a Q90 Dhelm pls
wts 1 LC pumpkin pies for 3 pearls ea (but then they put quota limits on food like the chinese)
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby DonVelD » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:38 pm

popfor wrote:Why i cannot spend 1 day foraging for high q tradeable goods... u see... things were good... until the govt intervened... they seized the means of production, and created an artificial value that was not in the original world, a value that no blueberries nor bear hides could compete with. Like Venezuela. Causing the average value of your time working to plummet, when instead of Gold, they paved the way to OOC currency. Once, you could waste 12 hours in a day and obtain reasonable goods. Now, you must venture outside, obtain a job in the real world, and then return, with the currency you obtained outside of the game, in order to compete in the games market. Havenflation, bithc

anyways wts 2 LC blueberries Q20+ for a Q250 sling that will 1 shot noobs over palisades pls
then i wts 2 more LC blueberries for a Q90 Dhelm pls
wts 1 LC pumpkin pies for 3 pearls ea (but then they put quota limits on food like the chinese)

wowie!!!! unimaginably, remarkably based!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby grumgrumganoe » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:12 pm

why is every haven player such a schizo
grumgrumganoe

Postby D0fuz15 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:34 am

grumgrumganoe wrote:why is every haven player such a schizo

Idk, why are you a schizo
Good idea!
D0fuz15

Postby popfor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:43 pm

Please leave me alone go away go away go away
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby grumgrumganoe » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:50 am

D0fuz15 wrote:

Idk, why are you a schizo

caught schizophrenia when i was fukkin ur mom, baby brain
grumgrumganoe

Postby nova » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:53 am

Is there a way to play the old version of H&H?? I just came back but I don't really like the new 3D aesthetic and want the nostalgia of the old game...
nova

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar