I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

General discussion and socializing.

I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

Postby Alurin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:12 pm

#rant

I don't recognise Haven's trading, I cannot play just as a forager anymore.

I remember I always entered the forum Trade's category, there were like 10 threads of various villages buying and selling stuff. Some prices were better and worse so I founnd the good ones. Esp late game everything was ultra cheap so I always liked joining during the later part of the world.

Royat Toadstool was 5 points, Lady Devy's Mantle was 3. Chiming Bluebell or floatsam gave a lot of points or even a killed bear was bought and sometimes I fired bricks for like 1 point, maybe 0.5 or slightly less but something like this

So I gathered like 25 Toadstols when going to the swamp, finding a bunch of per days, fired 200 bricks, killed 2bears, got some candleberries and wax so I didn't even had to sell any blueballs but I studied them instead as I had all the points I needed for the stuff.

I had meat grinders, ranger cape, tools, high q bow, bear cape etc.

Like why would I even mine beyond 10 bars to get the basic stuff when I could just gather a few shrooms, kill a bear and get cool stuff from already established village xD And I kinda liked going around, exploring, foraging, finding some old bases, meeting people etc.
Sometimes I'd make a travel to transport these goods but if I gathered a lot stuff in one go, sometimes someone would come by to grab it by himself etc.

Nooow I visited some marketplaces and they only sell stuff. If they even have listed things, they are some very rare ones and on the other hand, they sell things usually for a lot of coins compared for what they pay for things.

If I didn't receive stuff for free, I'd be a dirt-ass poor guy.. and I've noticed noone wants anything, I found a chiming bluebell and I wanted to give it as a gift for the stuff, back then it'd be 25 points but noo, everyone already has everything etc.

Literally the only thing I see is people buy low q metal so I see u gotta respec into mining but I'm kinda sad foregables lost all of their value. R.I.P because I remember collecting Toadstools was very fun and everything was listed in the forum threads instead of lying down in some far-away markets.

My fantasy of going into the forest and coming back with cool swords was ruined by the capitalism and money.
Alurin

Re: I liked Haven 1 trading better, it got weird now

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 pm

tokens/hats made gathering in game wealth as a playstyle obsolete, now if that's what you enjoy you hoard tokens and ignore in game stuff + markets are difficult enough to make people can charge 70% tax or even use FIAT currency and still have no competitors + quick travel is so bad now markets are necessary for trading + industry is so complicated and sucky/grindy now that legitimately only 1-5 villages in the entire game typically have good industry + FEP/LP systems have become so bloated/convoluted nothing a new/fresh play can supply tends to really have value outside of huge bulk + huge bulk is too much effort to move anyway because, again, fast travel is too hard

Ye it fucking sucks
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:tokens/hats made gathering in game wealth as a playstyle obsolete, now if that's what you enjoy you hoard tokens and ignore in game stuff + markets are difficult enough to make people can charge 70% tax or even use FIAT currency and still have no competitors + quick travel is so bad now markets are necessary for trading + industry is so complicated and sucky/grindy now that legitimately only 1-5 villages in the entire game typically have good industry + FEP/LP systems have become so bloated/convoluted nothing a new/fresh play can supply tends to really have value outside of huge bulk + huge bulk is too much effort to move anyway because, again, fast travel is too hard

Ye it fucking sucks

Xir, please think of the travelling merchants next time you post, thank you.
DDDsDD999

Postby Fostik » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 pm

Unfortunately for newbs production of stuff became a lot harder, with higher demands for stats, co-dependent tools and stuff like that.
But you can still use markets to sell some forage stuff for coins, collecting them and buying different tools or higher quality components for them.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby azrid » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:01 pm

Just go visit your local noob market.
You will not find these places by reading the forums or discord though because of SnuggleSnail.
Thingwalls make it pretty easy to reach your local market. No need to build any metal structures for teleporting anymore.

Foraging has been in a way worse state before ever since they added gardening pots.
Slowly they have been adding things to forage that are worth something.
There is still a lot of improvements to be made but I think they are working towards the right direction.

Ideally for a noob forager you would want to play early game because thats when most of the trade happens and most small trading posts with reasonable noob prices are open.
World has died down by now better luck next world.
azrid

Postby dafels » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:45 pm

The trade as it is, is making a lot of money for the devs. Why would they even bother to change anything in it unless you will compensate for the losses smh

But yea, I can agree that the trade in legacy was more accessible to everyone despite it was "not working as intended" back then, the situation has gotten a lot worse despite their years of attempts to improve the system. The trading won't improve until they decide to cut out tokens from trade, which is never going to happen
dafels

Postby azrid » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:55 pm

bringing back legacy trade would also mean cutting out a lot of quality of life from the main game
which also will never happen
azrid

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:17 pm

azrid wrote:bringing back legacy trade would also mean cutting out a lot of quality of life from the main game
which also will never happen

How? How would teleporting to people's VC cut QoL from the game? Or do you mean buying tokens and so on?
Like yeah gathering blueberries probably won't be a great money maker but they could add QoL back in to make the trade better, back in legacy you could sell unbutchered bears because your survival didn't affect them until they got butchered. Maybe if that change was reverted hermits could once again hunt animals and if they manage to find a hql one (or bulk amount) they can sell it.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby azrid » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

foraged things will never come back as the main currency
they have said they won't remove content(pots)
theres so many foods now that even if foragables were made ground exclusive they would still be trash tier
same goes for curios, bluebells, edels and glimmers are just not enough now that we have even more craftable curios
theres an abundance of pearls thanks to regional pools
theres no space to be filled in content that could come from the floor
they tried with morels, truffles and some other things but its not enough
I don't really see it changing without removing the quality of life of being able to mostly live and build your characters within your walls.
azrid

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

I would purchase Q10 edels, gimmermoss, bluebells, morales, etc if it were convenient to do so. Proabably even chantrelles, I don't want to maintain garden pots.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar