Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ring of Brodgar Wiki

Postby ricky » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Hey guys -

I'm looking to create some more in depth crop pages, but I dont play, so I dont have any pictures of crops. if anyone could take some pictures of their crop fields fully grown, with no custom client modifications I would be really thankful.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby ricky » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Heyo -

Added a random page link to the nav bar just for shits and giggles.

in other news. been doing some maintenance around the wiki. cleaned up a few redirects, deleted 200+ useless pages, added about 2 dozen new pages for item pages that were lost or hidden.

anyways, as always: if you have any requests, drop me a line
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.

ricky

Postby AAlex » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 pm

ricky wrote:Heyo -

in other news. been doing some maintenance around the wiki. cleaned up a few redirects, deleted 200+ useless pages, added about 2 dozen new pages for item pages that were lost or hidden.

Thanks! It needs some real work.
AAlex

Postby Ants » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 pm

I can't remember if I already asked this. What can you store in cisterns? I heard that you can put flour inside even though it's not a liquid.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jacksonblu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Ants wrote:I can't remember if I already asked this. What can you store in cisterns? I heard that you can put flour inside even though it's not a liquid.

Flour counts as a fluid though. Cisterns can contain any fluids, which include all liquids, seeds, flour, ash, pipe stuff, grist, and cave dust. Anything you can put in a bucket can go in a cistern

See also: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category: ... _and_Seeds
jacksonblu

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:12 am

Does anyone know the base damage of a woodsman's axe / metal axe / bronze sword?
I'm wondering which of these would be more effective for hunting. I "acquired" a few q87 oak blocks, so it might be possibly higher q than the shitty bronze sword I currently use (q19 lol)
_Gunnar

Postby ricky » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:50 am

AAlex wrote:
ricky wrote:Heyo -

Thanks! It needs some real work.

The wiki isnt honestly all that bad. sure, it was in disrepair a few month ago before i got a wild hair and put some work into it, but it's pretty well maintained now.
Wikis however work best when there's a variety of user input. I've been given the keys to the castle and i've freely created the wiki in my image. i've said it 100 times by now: if you want the wiki to be better, make it better.

jacksonblu wrote:
Ants wrote:I can't remember if I already asked this. What can you store in cisterns? I heard that you can put flour inside even though it's not a liquid.

Flour counts as a fluid though. Cisterns can contain any fluids, which include all liquids, seeds, flour, ash, pipe stuff, grist, and cave dust. Anything you can put in a bucket can go in a cistern

See also: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category: ... _and_Seeds

Jackson is correct here. cisterns hold all bucketable material. I think a previous update allowed multiple different types of seeds to be held at the same time?
if someone could provide a picture of the cistern's new UI that'd be cool.

E:Christ, I totally forgot Granaries and Cisterns were different buildings. Granaries hold dry goods like seeds and flour, Cisterns hold all Liquids
_Gunnar wrote:Does anyone know the base damage of a woodsman's axe / metal axe / bronze sword?
I'm wondering which of these would be more effective for hunting. I "acquired" a few q87 oak blocks, so it might be possibly higher q than the shitty bronze sword I currently use (q19 lol)

I've never had the opportunity (or knowledge) to really test weapons and base damage, but I can only assume a Q90 metal axe would be better than a Q20 bronze sword. the difference in quality vastly outweighs the weapon class. If someone with more knowledge on the subject wants to chime in, be my guest

ricky

Postby ricky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 am

Hey folks - nothing SUPER important to say, just wanted to share this cool unused shield invobject I found on accident:
shield

ricky

Postby ricky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 am

hey guys -

if anyone could get a resource filename for a gem (or a few gems) i'd be thankful. the format for gem resource names isnt straightforward, so i gotta reach out

ricky

Postby romovs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:35 pm

ricky wrote:hey guys -

if anyone could get a resource filename for a gem (or a few gems) i'd be thankful. the format for gem resource names isnt straightforward, so i gotta reach out

Resources for gems are a bit different. Can't really extract images from them the usual way. It's dynamically constructed from two separate resources, one defining gem's "shape" and another defining the color. e.g.

gfx/invobjs/gems/small-cabochon = Small Cabochon
gfx/terobjs/bumlings/onyx = Onyx

gfx/invobjs/gems/large-heart = Large Heart
gfx/terobjs/bumlings/ruby = Ruby
romovs

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?