Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm

It doesn't matter what order they're placed in as long as they're placed in in the proper ratio. Since it takes exactly six cloth to build the bed, it's pretty hard to get the ratio wrong. If you use equal amounts of two types, then the result is undefined and unpredictable.

linkfanpc wrote:TL;DR seems like the color defining is broken. Maybe post it in bugs?

I'm suspecting something going on here, but I'm not sure what without further details, and if it can't be reproduced, meaning steps taken can be confirmed to get a bad result, then no point posting it in bugs.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:16 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It doesn't matter what order they're placed in as long as they're placed in in the proper ratio. Since it takes exactly six cloth to build the bed, it's pretty hard to get the ratio wrong. If you use equal amounts of two types, then the result is undefined and unpredictable.

linkfanpc wrote:TL;DR seems like the color defining is broken. Maybe post it in bugs?

I'm suspecting something going on here, but I'm not sure what without further details, and if it can't be reproduced, meaning steps taken can be confirmed to get a bad result, then no point posting it in bugs.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=61920

Well, i said "Maybe"...
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:40 pm

The bed could probably use a tweak so that you can have it two colors if you want it, sheets one color, pillow another, but then the whole system could be a bit more obvious. I like that it's here, and it's a good thing, but it could use a redone interface to make it easier.

And those "further details" were me paying attention to what was posted. :oops: (I really need to quit foruming when I'm half asleep.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Sturdy Bed Colours

Postby qoonpooka » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Dondy wrote:I just made a sturdy bed.

According to the wiki three of the six pieces of cloth determine the colour of the bottom sheet, two determine the colour of the duvet/blanket and one determines the colour of the pillow. I wanted a white bottom sheet and pillow, and a green blanket. I put in first three wool cloth (white), then two hemp cloth (green) and finally one wool cloth (white). This was the order shown in the wiki. I got a white bottom sheet but the pillow and duvet were both green.

Is there a different sequence I should have placed them? Is the ratio different? Is the wiki wrong?

Your colors were:

4 Wool = Primary (White)
2 Hemp = Secondary/Tertiary (Green)

If you want distinct P/S/T you need to have 3 colors that you use. I suggest Linen for either the pillow or the bottom sheet
qoonpooka

Postby linkfanpc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 am

I made a Ranger's Cape and now i really wanna make a Druid's Cloak to go with it. Two questions:

Does the Druid's Cloak come with 2 gilding slots like the Ranger's Cape, and...

Does Gold and Silver still have no quality?
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

linkfanpc

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:01 am

linkfanpc wrote:Does Gold and Silver still have no quality?

Almost all gold and silver crafts require a goldbeater's skin that determines the quality of the result. That's why they don't have their own quality. In ages past when quality runaway wasn't as big an issue, this wasn't a big deal. Now, I'm not so sure (but probably wouldn't matter with the quality spiraled materials--seeing the anvils and such people trade).

As a general rule, single slot clothing items come with one base gild slot, double slot clothing have two, though there are a couple items that have a base mod and one gild. Since it has some base attribute mods, I'm going to guess it only has one gild slot, but won't say that is correct.
MagicManICT

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:11 pm

druids cloak comes with two, as the hood can be raised or lowered by right clicking it
AntiBlitz

Postby qoonpooka » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:16 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:druids cloak comes with two, as the hood can be raised or lowered by right clicking it

Does raising/lowering the hood impact performance at all? I.e. does it shut off a gild slot when you do so?
qoonpooka

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:45 pm

qoonpooka wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:druids cloak comes with two, as the hood can be raised or lowered by right clicking it

Does raising/lowering the hood impact performance at all? I.e. does it shut off a gild slot when you do so?

no, it simply does nothing but allow a style or look. I do wish we could put the hood up while wearing a helmet tho.
AntiBlitz

Postby linkfanpc » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:
qoonpooka wrote:

no, it simply does nothing but allow a style or look. I do wish we could put the hood up while wearing a helmet tho.

I thought it gave the stealth bonus?

linkfanpc

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?