Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Best coop arrangement

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 am

levanthai wrote:Guys, what is, in your opinion, the most efficient arrangement of chickens in a coop? I mean, chickens arranged in lines with 2sq under each one or something more like a messed up chessboard?

search.php?keywords=chicken+coop+layout+optimal&submit=Search
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby bananenmarmelade » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 am

Dammit. My knowledge being from 3 worlds in the past is pop music all over again. Thanks for the info. I assume, that each animal has an individual quality node? So that there can be low quality bears and high quality moose spawning in the same area. I am to further assume that there is a certain multiplicator up to how high quality can get? If the base quality for moose (50) in the wiki is correct the multiplicator has to be at least seven..?
bananenmarmelade

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Yes.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby hushpuppi3 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Are there any serious downsides to putting gates the wrong way? I just finished a bwall and my 2 gates are facing the wrong my (fml)

apart from the whole master key vs slave key problem (not really an issue unless I get killed), is there anything bad about that? is lockpicking easier from the 'inside'?
hushpuppi3

Postby neeco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:13 pm

hushpuppi3 wrote:Are there any serious downsides to putting gates the wrong way... ...apart from the whole master key vs slave key problem (not really an issue unless I get killed), is there anything bad about that?

Apart from the whole master/slave thing, no. Visitor debuff will protect the internal part of your base regardless of the direction of the gates. You could leave that gate open entirely and have a smaller round-pole gate on the inside if you feel the need to keep people out.

hushpuppi3 wrote:is lockpicking easier from the 'inside'?

Gates cannot (yet?) be lock picked.
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Postby BorisTheHermit » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 pm

What should I say? I have Yeomanry, but I can't ask for a claim. please help. People have taken my things.
:cry:
BorisTheHermit

Postby neeco » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 am

BorisTheHermit wrote:What should I say? I have Yeomanry, but I can't ask for a claim. please help. People have taken my things.
:cry:

Not 100% sure what you're asking.

If the claim stake doesn't show up in your build menu under Adventure>Haven & Hearth> Claim land, then make sure you have discovered dreams, bones, blocks and stone.

If you are unable to build the claim, make sure you are not trying to build it too close to another village or personal claim.

neeco

Postby jumping1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:28 pm

If I smash down a claimed palisade, will I be able to destroy the claim pole? If I am, does this remove all scents created?
Mr. Boar doesn't like you....
jumping1

Postby vatas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:51 pm

jumping1 wrote:If I smash down a claimed palisade, will I be able to destroy the claim pole? If I am, does this remove all scents created?

Yes, with a wrecking ball or siege engine. It did in Legacy but can't guarantee it still does.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby neeco » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 pm

vatas wrote:
jumping1 wrote:If I smash down a claimed palisade, will I be able to destroy the claim pole? If I am, does this remove all scents created?

Yes, with a wrecking ball or siege engine. It did in Legacy but can't guarantee it still does.

Destroying the claim will not destroy the scents.

neeco

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?