Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Granger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 pm

fishbro001 wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
fishbro001 wrote:Credos
I am reading about credos and some say for example that they give +20 marksmanship.
Is that flat stat or a bonus?
Because if its flat increase, then its worth it to do credos much later.

Those bonuses are almost meaningless later in the game. It's the extras that you can't normally earn that make them worth it. Also, these +attributes count as a part of your base, so earlier is better for them, as it usually gives you a nice boost to various qualities.

Ok I guess ill start doing forager today, I wanted to wait so I can get the stat increase after i have something like 100 exploration, so those 10 levels I get would save me a lot of LP

That's the trade-off for you to decide.

Keep in mind that Credo benefits persist death, dying early and often can (with the current mechanics) be a good thing.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby fishbro001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Granger wrote:That's the trade-off for you to decide.

Keep in mind that Credo benefits persist death, dying early and often can (with the current mechanics) be a good thing.

Yeah, but dieing saves like only 10k LP. So I don't see it as worth it unless you die on accident, then u can die couple of more times on purpose to knock that cost down.
fishbro001

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 pm

fishbro001 wrote:
Granger wrote:That's the trade-off for you to decide.

Yeah, but dieing saves like only 10k LP. So I don't see it as worth it unless you die on accident, then u can die couple of more times on purpose to knock that cost down.

Dying reduces the amount of credo quests you need to do per credo by 10, down to the minimum. It's very, very useful, people even just create entirely new characters to get all the credos.
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Granger wrote:
tonemane wrote:I see a site that can upgrade to a free ram: downloadram.net, is this true or is this a joke?
I'm trying to find a good ram for my computer!
It's either a joke or malware. Don't download it.
RAM is a physical thing and can't be downloaded. There have been some tries in the past to extend the available RAM by compressing currently unused portions, but the runtime was horrible and it wasn't stable.

Mod note: I don't have a secure system to check links on, and even as a joke, links like what were posted can be risky to click. If they're simply a joke site... fine, but I can't confirm it and not going to leave things around for people to trip across in case there is malware in the background. (Yes, I'm aware it's the "latest and greatest" meme. Guess what? It was "the latest and greatest" in the mid 90s, too.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby OtsukiYorauzo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:37 pm

How much str/cons/ua/agi/dex do I need to beat:
ants
fox
bat
boar
bear
lynx
deer
auroch
wild goat
adder

I made it short because I hate long details.
W7 - Crestfall
W8 - Crestfall
W10 - Pueblo Comedia
W11 - Hermit
W11 - Misplaced Caves
W12 - Insulated Gulch
W14 - Hermit
OtsukiYorauzo

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:34 pm

For ants, base is enough...

For bears, base is enough... if you know the tricks. And that's what everything comes down to: you knowing enough tricks. There are no real hard numbers here. Getting a good combat deck together is as important as, if not more so, combat numbers. And then there are some various allowed exploits that make combat even easier.

As a recommendation: Ants you'll want 10 min relative stats (UA, STR, AGI, CON), bats are the next step up at 15 all around, though they're doable if you use some exploit tactics (nothing that will get you banned) at 10. Boars at 40, etc.

There's a thread around here with some of this information in it, but having some issues finding it (probably just searching the wrong thing... I suck at Googling).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DatSheep » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 am

I've been koed by ants with base stats as a fresh nab who didnt know better. Did i need more combat moves maybe? lol
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 am

DatSheep wrote:I've been koed by ants with base stats as a fresh nab who didnt know better. Did i need more combat moves maybe? lol

If you know some of the tricks of combat, you should be able to fight them with 10 attributes and 1 UA. Might be tough, but it's doable. And I probably exaggerated with the bears, but with some of the current exploits, bears aren't really that dangerous if you decide to go that route.
MagicManICT

Postby DatSheep » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Ah alright then.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:33 pm

And I remembered where that list I mentioned above was at: https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 42&t=54070
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?