Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Have tried that, but couldn't remove it (but maybe I missed a key to hold while clicking it) - but I guess dodo in case you manage to remove one, like gauze.

Keep in mind that treatment increases the resiliency of a wound getting worse, removing it might not be the best idea.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby uncleseano » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Granger wrote:Have tried that, but couldn't remove it (but maybe I missed a key to hold while clicking it) - but I guess dodo in case you manage to remove one, like gauze.

Keep in mind that treatment increases the resiliency of a wound getting worse, removing it might not be the best idea.

I was hoping to yank it off to get some agi back for taming and plop it back on afterwards

Anywhos... Next question... Mining.

How do you like match up rustroot found ores when they're a level below. Since now I've just made a marker and counted the grids. Is there a better solution?
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:39 am

uncleseano wrote:Question time. Does the stitch patch just marginally speed up healing while removing -2 con and adding -10 per & char or does it all stack. So a the wound loooks like laceration (-10 AGI & -2 CON) and stitch patch ( -10 CHA, PERC AGI) or a total of -20AGI,-2 CON, -10 CHA, PER?

I'm asking because my character can just about function at present but if I appy another patch will it add another -10AGI debuff for a total of -40 over two patches & wounds or is it -20?

It's worth noting that without treatment, wounds can get worse if you take further damage. The treatment type has an effect on this. The higher the percentage, the better protection.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:44 am

What I get for not reading rest of the thread before posting...

uncleseano wrote:How do you like match up rustroot found ores when they're a level below. Since now I've just made a marker and counted the grids. Is there a better solution?

Most players use a graphics program to overlay two screenshots of the map with some level of transparency on each level.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

So I've already tamed a bunch but for some reason this auroch started bleeding and sprinted off mid tame. I tried to get a leash on it think I had finished that segment but now I get the 'This animal trashes wildly'. What has changed? Any idea what can cause this. Guess I'll try and clover it again
uncleseano

Postby uncleseano » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:46 pm

When an attack does damage to two different types of opening does the damage split or does it pick one of the two that would damage the most and use that?
uncleseano

Postby Granger » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:45 pm

uncleseano wrote:So I've already tamed a bunch but for some reason this auroch started bleeding and sprinted off mid tame. I tried to get a leash on it think I had finished that segment but now I get the 'This animal trashes wildly'. What has changed? Any idea what can cause this. Guess I'll try and clover it again

You might have forgotten to set peace at the start of combat and/or you did too high damage to it.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby bmjclark » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 pm

uncleseano wrote:When an attack does damage to two different types of opening does the damage split or does it pick one of the two that would damage the most and use that?

Neither. There's a bizarre formula for it. It takes both colors into account when calculating the damage.

viewtopic.php?p=673607#p673607
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby uncleseano » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:29 pm

bmjclark wrote:
uncleseano wrote:When an attack does damage to two different types of opening does the damage split or does it pick one of the two that would damage the most and use that?

Neither. There's a bizarre formula for it. It takes both colors into account when calculating the damage.

viewtopic.php?p=673607#p673607

Bonkers, I'll put that outta my mind so...

Next of many: Which yields better Q ores a Q14 Pickaxe or a Q74 StoneAxe?
uncleseano

Postby bmjclark » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:36 pm

The stone axe. Always whichever is higher quality
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?