Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby uncleseano » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Trees that are mature will get seeds and such back, if not during spring, then in summer (I'd have to double check patch notes to be sure what the process is). Trees that weren't mature should finish growing and give seeds and other products as per usual.

Ok I'm seeing that now

Trees will lose their fruits and seeds in winter, and regain them during the summer. During summer and fall, trees will also respawn fruits with the traditional decay mechanic.

Guess it's not as dramatic buuuuut I'll still have to wait like 15 to 20 real days just to see the seeds come back. And even then it's with the 'traditional decay mechanic' so for all intents and purposes most of those fruits are dead and gone. As by the time they start to respawn winter will come around again
uncleseano

Postby Archiplex » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Has anyone seen morels or parasol mushrooms spawning yet?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Ants » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:01 am

If you create something with one type of each cloth, which one will show on the finished product? The first cloth used, I assume?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:30 am

Ants wrote:If you create something with one type of each cloth, which one will show on the finished product? The first cloth used, I assume?

Loftar has said this situation is undefined--there's no means of predicting it. It wasn't specifically coded into the system. If you want a particular color, you need to make sure it meets the given rules.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Xhodan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 am

I'm not at a point in which I'm able to farm and grow trees etc. How do I improve the quality of materials I get from trees out in the wild, like their seeds, and when I chop them down, the quality of wood material? I know your tool places a part, but what else?
Xhodan

Postby Archiplex » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:32 am

Xhodan wrote:I'm not at a point in which I'm able to farm and grow trees etc. How do I improve the quality of materials I get from trees out in the wild, like their seeds, and when I chop them down, the quality of wood material? I know your tool places a part, but what else?

No other way unfortunately. Seeds will always be q10 from wild trees/berries. You can increase the quality of planks (but not blocks) by having a good quality saw, or the quality of sticks with a good quality axe, but that's about it.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Xhodan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:00 am

Archiplex wrote:
Xhodan wrote:I'm not at a point in which I'm able to farm and grow trees etc. How do I improve the quality of materials I get from trees out in the wild, like their seeds, and when I chop them down, the quality of wood material? I know your tool places a part, but what else?

No other way unfortunately. Seeds will always be q10 from wild trees/berries. You can increase the quality of planks (but not blocks) by having a good quality saw, or the quality of sticks with a good quality axe, but that's about it.

Well shoot, okay. Unrelated, do ability bonuses cap at 10?
Xhodan

Postby Archiplex » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:29 am

Xhodan wrote:
Archiplex wrote:

Well shoot, okay. Unrelated, do ability bonuses cap at 10?

Bonuses to skills and stats cannot exceed twice the skill/stat, if that's what you mean. If you have 10+10 strengh due to realm bonuses or something, the realm might actually be granting +11, but you wont gain that extra point until you have 11 strength.

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Xhodan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Does it matter which character you decide to pick up lawspeaking on?
Xhodan

Postby Archiplex » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Xhodan wrote:Does it matter which character you decide to pick up lawspeaking on?

Not particularly. Lawspeaker always has all permissions but thats about it.

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?