Glimmers during autumn?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Glimmers during autumn?

Postby VDZ » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Does Glimmermoss spawn less frequently during autumn? I have a good foraging spot for glimmers, and I generally get at least 1 glimmer per two foraging trips (often more), but in at least my last four trips (probably more but at least 4 I'm sure of) I haven't found a single one anymore. I do think I still encountered some in the first day(s?) of autumn, though. The area is completely locked down to outsiders and I have everyone with access to the area kinned, so I know it's not a case of people foraging the area before I do (they were all offline before and during the foraging trips). Did they stop spawning/reduce in number?

Please help, I have only 2 glimmers left and I'm starting to feel frail without my 24/7 1300 LP/hour curios.
VDZ

Re: Glimmers during autumn?

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 pm

My village was religiously foraging glimmers in a spot we used to see them all the time and didn't see any for days at a time before summer ended. It's just the global pool drying up as more people capable of seeing them forage caves.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:26 pm

I don't think that's it. Up until recently I was able to farm plenty of Glimmermoss. It wasn't a gradual decline, it was more like they became rare all of a sudden. I spoke with the other people who had access to the clearing and they're experiencing the same.
VDZ

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 am

I experienced that too, but it stopped 2-3 days before fall. It wasn't started by fall.

Was keenly aware of this because of a forager credo lol.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 am

I haven't played much around the seasons yet, but pretty sure that 'herbs' and animals have a bit of a random offset from the exact start and end of a season. Beyond that, no idea what effect seasons have on rarity, nodes, etc. if there is one. I don't recall jorb mentioning it in a post, but it could be something he intentionally kept hidden, too.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:16 am

I feel like it is too variable.
Sometimes I find 5 glimmers, sometimes multiple foraging rounds and 0!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 am

I had to pick glimmermoss for a credo. Spent like a week (should've abandoned but sunk-cost-fallacy) before finally finding not one but TWO right next to each other (granted I did buff the characters per*exp but just a bit and it should've been quite sufficient even before (assuming wiki has correct value.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:55 pm

vatas wrote:I had to pick glimmermoss for a credo. Spent like a week (should've abandoned but sunk-cost-fallacy) before finally finding not one but TWO right next to each other (granted I did buff the characters per*exp but just a bit and it should've been quite sufficient even before (assuming wiki has correct value.)

That fits with my understanding of how the global pool works. It seems to restock in bursts, meaning for the short while after finding your first pool curiosity you're more likely to find more because the pool still has charges.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Marsunpaisti » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Sevenless wrote:
vatas wrote:I had to pick glimmermoss for a credo. Spent like a week (should've abandoned but sunk-cost-fallacy) before finally finding not one but TWO right next to each other (granted I did buff the characters per*exp but just a bit and it should've been quite sufficient even before (assuming wiki has correct value.)

That fits with my understanding of how the global pool works. It seems to restock in bursts, meaning for the short while after finding your first pool curiosity you're more likely to find more because the pool still has charges.

This has to have some truth to it since with pearls I feel like I either get 0 or I get a lot of them at once. Last boiling session I got like 10 in a row from 800ish mussels, and sometimes just 0 pearls from 1000.
Marsunpaisti

Postby VDZ » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 pm

I found a Glimmermoss today, so it looks like they're still spawning after all.
VDZ

Next

Return to How do I?