mystery boxes near thingwalls

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

mystery boxes near thingwalls

Postby redscarfdemon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:55 am

I've been randomly sailing around the various continents and I have noticed that a large number of thingwalls have a small palisade box with no entrance or exit built nearby. What is their purpose? I've found at least ten so far and this is no small expenditure of time to create them, but I do not know why someone would build it. Typically there is no hearthfire or village nearby.

My guess is some form of griefing? Do thingwall travelers land in them and can't use the thingwall to get out? Except that person could simply hearth home in that case, unless I am missing something.
Attachments
mystery box.png
mystery box.png (228.38 KiB) Viewed 233 times
redscarfdemon

Re: mystery boxes near thingwalls

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:05 am

Likely before realm challenges were tweaked to require line of sight to the thingwall, people were walling them in to prevent anyone from destroying them.

But yes, there are other thingwalls like the ones near monke capitol where there are death trap palisades, though as of recently the devs made thingwalls prevent building too close to them.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Return to How do I?