Mead must in cistern for 2 weeks. Normal?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Mead must in cistern for 2 weeks. Normal?

Postby algam » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 am

There are almost two weeks since I made mead must in barrels and moved it to a cistern. 200 l.
It remained must mead since then without any change: neither Stale mead must, nor Mead.

Is this normal?
How should have I done to make vinegar faster from it?
algam

Re: Mead must in cistern for 2 weeks. Normal?

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am

(I use "juice" to refer to all first state fermentable liquids.)

Allegedly, juice -> stale juice -> vinegar is the fastest process, possible if you place juice into a bucket in a cupboard.

The idea behind this is that if you use the "intended" way of placing juice on demijohn, it will take a long time to turn into drinkable alcohol and then another long time to turn into vinegar.

It is possible that liquids are supposed to ferment in cistern, but all liquids have to be manually checked for it and devs forgot to do that for mead must.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Mead must in cistern for 2 weeks. Normal?

Postby algam » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:11 pm

Thanks. I knew I was doing something wrong :D

Now I have to fill some cupboards with buckets of mead must. Niiiice. First I have to make buckets. I really do not have 20
algam

Return to How do I?