Mining changes ?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mining changes ?

Postby Granny » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:52 am

Update: I was able to get to lvl 4 by just moving the pyre a few tiles, with the same amount of str. I was finally able to build that windmill. I find that to be a must for ease of play, even as a hermit.

Now I am on level 5, and working to get to lvl 6. I will not be able to go deeper than that, because of the requirement for that rock crystal. I have yet to see one. I have had bad luck with the types and amount of ore I get alas. Sadly, you do not know that before you start to make mine holes. Or at least I am not able to. No precious metal:(

I made a village and claimed the space down with village banners instead of using personal claims. Eveything is of course palisaded and locked. Building a mine hole in the basement of a house is a neat possibility I will do in later worlds, but then with the house palisaded as well with a visitor gate to the main base. I can not see there is any other options if security is a thing.

I had to rebuild the visitor gates from the base to the mines once, they faced the wrong way.

Now I am contemplating building a stone tower as a signature building.
Granny

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:52 pm

if you can, build windmill for sure, tower is a waste of everything and space inside doesnt justify costs. with windmill you at least get the option to mill a barrel at a time hands free.
also, mining out border + middle of a minimap grid is not very efficient. tbh, because of how stupidly random it is now, you are better off making super long tunnels with like 1.5+ column's radius in between them. but do parallel tunnels only if area is rich in something, like i got lucky with area of 5 separate gold deposits, that was on the first lvl that allows gold, forgot which.
lordgrunt

Postby Karede » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:28 am

Can confirm silver is available on level 5, at least.
Karede

Postby Granny » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:37 am

Yeah I agree with you lordgrunt. Having a windmill is a must I think, even for players who play alone. I wish it could be build earlier, with bronze, but I at least got it build now. As for the stone tower, I dunno. It looks nice? :) But so expensive. And there is the signal it sends. ->Look, I have so much steel I can afford to build this useless thing! It is the haven-equivalent of a Birkin bag.

When I mine my little cross on the grid, I find that I can get different ore within a grid, if I am lucky. I have not understood how the resources are made this world. Seems they are small pockets. So within a grid I can get coal, cassiterite and wine glance for example when I mine like I do. I know most mine the line as you do, but I find that to be less efficient.You may miss out on something closer to your base. I even found a few pebbles of silver this way. But, that is playing as a hermit - I do not need large amounts of anything. A pocket of something is good.

Now I am met with a more serious problem. My miner has stopped gaining exp, and thus can not gain lp. I am so disappointed that this bug still exists. I was adviced to find a post on creating an exp farm to remedy the problem. So much to do, so little time.
Granny

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:33 pm

bennybee wrote:Ensure that you have the necessary tools for mining, such as pickaxes or other mining equipment. These tools are typically required to extract resources from the ground effectively.

dagrimreefah

Previous

Return to How do I?