About mine levels and variety of ore

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

About mine levels and variety of ore

Postby Rewhite » Sat May 11, 2024 11:49 am

There are not a lot information about levels of mine. I struggle to find new ore regardless level, I mine on level 3 right now and every ore i found is same ore that I prospect on level 1 its tin and lead. Am I just unlucky or levels work the way that deeper you go you will get only same ore but higher quality?
Rewhite

Re: About mine levels and variety of ore

Postby grumgrumganoe » Sat May 11, 2024 12:57 pm

Unlucky + devs are dumb. Each levels adds to the “pool” of potential ores, ie:

Level 1 - Lead (glance) and Tin (cassiterite)
Level 2 - copper (wine glance) and the above
3 - iron (Heavy earth, and chalco which also gives copper) and the above

Etc but the point is even on level 2 your chance of getting the copper you actually fucking need is like 1/3 the chance of finding ore (already a small chance in itself) and things only get worse from there. Keep mining! :) :) :) and try to enjoy that q20 cassiterite because you’ll be seeing A LOT more of it

Ore does have a degree of ‘locality’ so your whole area of level 3might just be cucked, strip mine in one direction for hours/days or use caves
grumgrumganoe

Postby Kearn » Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 pm

the last 3 worlds i have been locked out of further progression due to the lack of bloodstone, its just cancer ore localization
Kearn

Postby Antvgr » Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 pm

Rewhite wrote:There are not a lot information about levels of mine. I struggle to find new ore regardless level, I mine on level 3 right now and every ore i found is same ore that I prospect on level 1 its tin and lead. Am I just unlucky or levels work the way that deeper you go you will get only same ore but higher quality?

Before going down a level - remember to prospect the level below.
Antvgr

Postby abt79 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:55 am

Antvgr wrote:
Rewhite wrote:There are not a lot information about levels of mine. I struggle to find new ore regardless level, I mine on level 3 right now and every ore i found is same ore that I prospect on level 1 its tin and lead. Am I just unlucky or levels work the way that deeper you go you will get only same ore but higher quality?

Doesnt really matter you should be placing all mineholes in/under your base for protection
abt79

Postby Rewhite » Sun May 12, 2024 6:22 am

grumgrumganoe wrote:Unlucky + devs are dumb. Each levels adds to the “pool” of potential ores, ie:

Level 1 - Lead (glance) and Tin (cassiterite)
Level 2 - copper (wine glance) and the above
3 - iron (Heavy earth, and chalco which also gives copper) and the above

Etc but the point is even on level 2 your chance of getting the copper you actually fucking need is like 1/3 the chance of finding ore (already a small chance in itself) and things only get worse from there. Keep mining! :) :) :) and try to enjoy that q20 cassiterite because you’ll be seeing A LOT more of it

Ore does have a degree of ‘locality’ so your whole area of level 3might just be cucked, strip mine in one direction for hours/days or use caves

Thank you, I already basically living underground so I just keep digging
Rewhite

Postby Rewhite » Sun May 12, 2024 6:23 am

abt79 wrote:
Antvgr wrote:

Doesnt really matter you should be placing all mineholes in/under your base for protection

Do i need build claim on every level?
Rewhite

Postby Antvgr » Sun May 12, 2024 10:36 am

abt79 wrote:
Antvgr wrote:

Sure, but it let's you know where to dig on next level. Every next level is much harder and longer to dig around, so it's better to know beforehand the direction.
Antvgr

Postby abt79 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:40 pm

Rewhite wrote: Do i need build claim on every level?

It would be a good idea. Most people make a village claim on the surface (or part of their base closest to the surface) which makes it very easy to claim all the levels below using Village Banners.

Antvgr wrote:
abt79 wrote:
Antvgr wrote:Before going down a level - remember to prospect the level below.

Sure, but it let's you know where to dig on next level. Every next level is much harder and longer to dig around, so it's better to know beforehand the direction.

Fair enough to rustroot once to see if there’s nearby ore but there often won’t be or it wont be ores you want. Constant prospecting is kind of a waste of time for several reasons; as others have said the best way to find ore is to strip mine or pick at cave walls because it’s more about covering a large area.
abt79

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 pm

abt79 wrote:
Rewhite wrote: Do i need build claim on every level?

It would be a good idea. Most people make a village claim on the surface (or part of their base closest to the surface) which makes it very easy to claim all the levels below using Village Banners.

To add to this, you are probably fine at this point in the world with not having a claim+pali on -2-3 (at least for a while) and so on since it's HIGHLY unlikely anyone will go there if you don't live near other active villages. But still it's highly recommendable to both claim the entrance on each level (use village claim as was indicated in the previous post to make it less of a pain, or just make an alt to claim each level) and close it in a palisade with visitor gates as soon as you go down a level, it's a good pattern to keep up for the new world. You never think you need those palis until the day you do and you lose multiple mineholes and possibly have to place the pyre in another spot since it could be blocked from underneath.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Next

Return to How do I?