Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Spacecpp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 pm

TheTylerLee wrote:What unarmed combat skill do you need to raid an anthill without taking damage? I haven't played since legacy and 15 UC doesn't work anymore..
Also, assuming it's no longer possible, what's a good low level unarmed combat skill to aim for for PvE content?

The mechanics changed. Either kill the ants one by one, or lure the ants far away, and then run back to the anthill and raid it.
Spacecpp

Postby TheTylerLee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Thanks
Discord: XiliX#2791
TheTylerLee

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Yeah, you can't just stand there and raid without Strider, and even then it sucks and you take damage.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Varralien » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:26 pm

At what point is it possible to bash someones personal claim? I moved yesterday and i checked my claim this morning. It had about 150 influence (fresh claim) but i've come back and it's been bashed and all of my stuff has been stolen, do i need to wait until a certain point of authority before its safe?
Varralien

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Varralien wrote:At what point is it possible to bash someones personal claim? I moved yesterday and i checked my claim this morning. It had about 150 influence (fresh claim) but i've come back and it's been bashed and all of my stuff has been stolen, do i need to wait until a certain point of authority before its safe?

Personal claims have an 8 hour (1 game day, so actually about 7:40) 'dry" time after they are built for it to be considered 'set' during which they are vulnerable. After that, they have full soak. Just note that an empty claim is considered "out of authority" and is still vulnerable (0 soak).

That I was aware, it couldn't gain any authority until it was fully set.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Varralien » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:36 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Varralien wrote:At what point is it possible to bash someones personal claim? I moved yesterday and i checked my claim this morning. It had about 150 influence (fresh claim) but i've come back and it's been bashed and all of my stuff has been stolen, do i need to wait until a certain point of authority before its safe?

Personal claims have an 8 hour (1 game day, so actually about 7:40) 'dry" time after they are built for it to be considered 'set' during which they are vulnerable. After that, they have full soak. Just note that an empty claim is considered "out of authority" and is still vulnerable (0 soak).

The claim was set (from the day before) and gained a few hundred authority when i checked it in the morning. I couldn't see any scents at 51 perc x 34 exp so i'm a bit confused as its supposed to have 15 soak (wiki says you can bash at 0 authority with no scents, but i checked it specifically in the morning after it set and it had ~150). What counts as "empty claim?" i had a few crates / a thatch bed & a few other small things
Varralien

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Varralien wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

The claim was set (from the day before) and gained a few hundred authority when i checked it in the morning. I couldn't see any scents at 51 perc x 34 exp so i'm a bit confused as its supposed to have 15 soak (wiki says you can bash at 0 authority with no scents, but i checked it specifically in the morning after it set and it had ~150). What counts as "empty claim?" i had a few crates / a thatch bed & a few other small things

That sounds incredibly odd. AFAIK 150 presence means it's up, and at 15 soak, and nobody's running around with enough stealth*int for you to not see scents with those kind of stats, let alone bash it, especially seeing as they wasted so much to buy vandalism.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Varralien » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am

linkfanpc wrote:That sounds incredibly odd. AFAIK 150 presence means it's up, and at 15 soak, and nobody's running around with enough stealth*int for you to not see scents with those kind of stats, let alone bash it, especially seeing as they wasted so much to buy vandalism.

Yeah. that's why i'm inclined to think that i'm missing something rather than it being a bug or a rogue super high stealth/strength chararacter this early in the world. It was a pretty big claim so 150 was only a small percent of the total size, maybe it decayed to 0 in the 9ish hours that I was at work? It was a fairly big claim and i moved the pole last night (it was dried in the morning as my post)
Varralien

Postby Archiplex » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 am

150 presence will drain pretty fast. You only gain presence when you gain a tick of LP, so it could've drained to 0 LP while you were offline. You need to log in to gain the LP tick in order for the claim to gain presence.

That said, I also had a guy bash into my claim and he left 0 scents that I could see (around 30x35 atm) which was pretty interesting
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Zepar72 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Is this place rowboat passable?
Attachments
Bez tytułu1111.png