Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby Enjoyment » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 pm

ovalie wrote:

Flint
Sallow blocks
Larch boards (main), Pine boards (secondary)
Straw
Iron

My two cents - people start to not understand this thread - it isn't "The Buildings Screenshots" - it is called Guide - you should post here only if your image can bring something new to understanding of how does materials looks in structures. Or if you have built somethig really amazing (like hornsilver tower with leaf ore corners). Your post is just useless and make the useful guide-thread cramped with some shit.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby sMartins » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:39 pm

nice
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ovalie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
ovalie wrote:

Flint
Sallow blocks
Larch boards (main), Pine boards (secondary)
Straw
Iron

My two cents - people start to not understand this thread - it isn't "The Buildings Screenshots" - it is called Guide - you should post here only if your image can bring something new to understanding of how does materials looks in structures. Or if you have built somethig really amazing (like hornsilver tower with leaf ore corners). Your post is just useless and make the useful guide-thread cramped with some shit.

My first post to the forums and I already got shit on. That was quick :^)
ovalie

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:56 am

We do have a general screenshots thread: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=46812

I was personally hoping that this would have stuck to the building guide and the images that demonstrated the wood and stone colors, such as the archery targets. I'm not one to dictate that as people do have different opinions on what serves as a good guide, and showing how different combinations work may provide some use to someone. I won't speak for everyone else and the other mods, but seems that the users here have been fine with these posts.

Might be worth digging through and updating the first post of this thread or adding in a couple of extra posts after the first so priority information is on the first page. I know a few objects have gotten buried.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:00 am

MagicManICT wrote:Might be worth digging through and updating the first post of this thread or adding in a couple of extra posts after the first so priority information is on the first page. I know a few objects have gotten buried.

Yes, this ^^ but other than that, personally speaking, I think the rest is fine, you wouldn't believe how often I access this thread, not only do I enjoy seeing what combinations other players have used in their builds, I find it invaluable in seeing which combinations work and which don't. :)

I have a few pages in here bookmarked for ref.
It's nice to have the builds separate from the screenshot thread imo.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Damon_Cooper » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am

ovalie wrote:My first post to the forums and I already got shit on. That was quick :^)

Wasn't mean "get out of here with your crappy screens" - sorry if it sounded rude. It was more like a suggestion for what exactly this thread for in my vision. Though it was only my opinion, and if you don't share it - just keep doing what you did - not a big deal. ;)
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby ovalie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote:
ovalie wrote:My first post to the forums and I already got shit on. That was quick :^)

Wasn't mean "get out of here with your crappy screens" - sorry if it sounded rude. It was more like a suggestion for what exactly this thread for in my vision. Though it was only my opinion, and if you don't share it - just keep doing what you did - not a big deal. ;)

Nah no worries, man, I understand. I just was hoppin' on the bandwagon of sharing houses. I figured most of the important or new information would be stickied/added to the first post by now.
ovalie

Postby ricky » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:00 pm

sweetgum wood/board + elm bough timber house
and
sweetgum wood/board + elm bough log cabin.

i tried to place both a close together as possible to make it look like they're one structure
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Ariander » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Might be worth digging through and updating the first post of this thread or adding in a couple of extra posts after the first so priority information is on the first page. I know a few objects have gotten buried.

Yes, this ^^ but other than that, personally speaking, I think the rest is fine, you wouldn't believe how often I access this thread, not only do I enjoy seeing what combinations other players have used in their builds, I find it invaluable in seeing which combinations work and which don't. :)

I have a few pages in here bookmarked for ref.
It's nice to have the builds separate from the screenshot thread imo.

I agree with Amanda here, I've found the pictures in this forum actually more helpful in some ways - I have a camp with a backyard full of examples of every wood and every stone/metal - and it still is much more helpful/useful to see the various combinations and how they work together, so I'm always digging through peoples screenshots. And I know there is the online designer tool - but the coloring of that is quite different - at least for me- then how the color is rendered in game. It seems to line up, for me at least, more closely with what's on these forums.

Just my 02. worth
Ariander

Postby iamahh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:09 am

Conker blocks, Larch boards, straw roof

iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?