Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vatas » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:25 pm

You need to re-leash them on the hitching post after you've beaten them. In that case they should completely disappear, AFAIK.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby carcanken » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 pm

vatas wrote:You need to re-leash them on the hitching post after you've beaten them. In that case they should completely disappear, AFAIK.

Yeah I forgot to mention that I have indeed been re-leashing them after the combat phase. In the end after about 70 hours or so I had a combat phase so I just had to wait longer I suppose.
carcanken

Postby Kozzacks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:59 am

If I use 11 wrought iron and 9 of any other metal in a great hall, will I be guaranteed the wrought iron aesthetic 100% of the time?
Kozzacks

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:25 am

yes, because its the largest group of that type, but not for the secondary metal, or tertiary. If it has those.
AntiBlitz

Postby Kozzacks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 am

The wiki states that the ideal ratio for a Great Hall's block of wood (it requires 500) is 286, 143, and 71 for primary secondary and tertiary respectively. Could I not do 200, 100, 50, and 100 misc. other wood with no one type that exceeds 50?
Kozzacks

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 am

Yeah, you can. It really depends on how much variety of wood you have available.

Note: You'd want to go below 50 by at least a few blocks since that's your tertiary color. Getting too close may leave you with a random pick for which block is the correct one.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Bilesko » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 am

I have lost footnotes in the Meat Dishes tab, eg Liver and Onions. Earlier, I've been doing them for over a week now, I can not do it. I have already collected onions and liver many times.
How to restore them?
Bilesko

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 am

Bilesko wrote:I have lost footnotes in the Meat Dishes tab, eg Liver and Onions. Earlier, I've been doing them for over a week now, I can not do it. I have already collected onions and liver many times.
How to restore them?

If you lose a recipe that you've already discovered, there was likely a change in the game. you need to rediscover at least one of the items.

Last week's patch fixed a bug with frying pans. You need to discover it before you can make dishes that require the pan to cook. This includes liver & onions and several others. It's probably the issue you're running into.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby AggressivelyNormal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:12 pm

What are the gestation periods and time it takes for different animals to grow to maturity?
I'm amused by my own antics.
AggressivelyNormal

Postby Kozzacks » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 am

I'm still very confused by the material ratios the wiki is giving for the great hall. It says 167 - Primary Board & 83 - Secondary Board. But it also quotes Loftar "each subsequent material in that list is used at least half as much as its preceding material." 83 is just below half of 167. So am I misunderstanding something?
Kozzacks

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?