Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Teilur » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 pm

ricky wrote:
KitsuneG wrote:
Teilur wrote:It is just a scholar quest: "Study a Wicked Claw". I doubt a screenshot will help in any way.

I see, well - looks like you encounter another bug. Better report this, there is no such item known. Might be wrong name for existing one - but only devs can answer this.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/mt/r/gfx/ ... wickedclaw

it's an item, just no one has found it ingame. sounds like a bug. it looks like a crab claw actually, and barely anyone actually harvests those, so it's possible it is ingame but no one has found it yet.

Yeah, I actually found out what is it - this is a claw from a lobster. As noone is gathering any lobsters, no wonder nobody has found this.
Teilur

Postby Dondy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:04 pm

When I have just opened a new level in a mine is there a radius around the new square mine that it is safe to mine, even with the dust coming down?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere there was but my search here has not turned it up.
Dondy

Postby ricky » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Dondy wrote:When I have just opened a new level in a mine is there a radius around the new square mine that it is safe to mine, even with the dust coming down?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere there was but my search here has not turned it up.

The minehole entrance is a support with the same radius as a normal wooden support.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby truckkun » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:16 am

some of my crops raise quality and others don't, sometimes even the same crop when I plant it in one place raises quality and when I plant it somewhere else it doesn't, I don't understand it at all, how do I raise crop quality?
truckkun

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:51 pm

truckkun wrote:some of my crops raise quality and others don't, sometimes even the same crop when I plant it in one place raises quality and when I plant it somewhere else it doesn't, I don't understand it at all, how do I raise crop quality?

The quality change on crops is random. It can generally move 5 points either direction each generation with some things that can cap the random range. Other than making sure you have the appropriate skills and credos, there's not much else to do other than increase the number of chances you roll the dice.

The change in quality is determined per crop type. It's static for that crop that are planted nearby and at the same time. To try for a different value, you have to move some distance off or wait for time to pass. (From loftar--it takes 500 tiles or 8 hours to get to a point where the number is completely random again.) You can see a difference of a point either direction from that first planting over even just a few minutes or just 5-10 tiles, but often enough you won't see any variation, either.

Strategies for optimizing quality gain go farther in depth than the intention of this thread. I don't recall a specific guide written up on it, but in general, most of the power players advocate small plantings on that 8 hour schedule if possible, then using the best gains to increase your other fields that are meant for consumption.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby yozzik111 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm

I used search, but no luck.
How do I destroy someone's personal claim? Is it possible to just bash it with a wrecking ball?
Also, how do I destroy the claim if it is under the "visitor debuff"? Can a freshly built village claim help somehow?

Underline: this is my place, I left the game for some time and came back to someone's claim over it.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby TheOriginalFive » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:09 am

If you try to build a village over it, it won't help because the revoke privilege only works on claims AFTER the village was established.

Not sure how you'd try to destroy an active claim especially with visitor debuff. Perhaps try smashing down the visitor gate?
TheOriginalFive

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:07 am

You need a wrecking ball or other siege engine along with the skill "Vandalism" to break an active claim. You'll need to meet the STR requirements as an active claim has a significant amount of soak.

It might be easier to leave a runestone or some other means of communication to the person asking them to drop the claim.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby truckkun » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:22 pm

Barrels remember seed quality or do they average it?
truckkun

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Any "mass storage" container (bucket, barrel, granary, etc) averages the quality of items stored in it.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?