Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby carcanken » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Whats the biggest difference between food made with wheat and barley? I looked on the wiki and saw that many just seemed to have random differences, but is there one stat that either one of them might lean to specifically? I'm trying to figure out which one is best to grow before I am able to just grow both.
carcanken

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 am

The RoB wiki is not a good source for variance in the recipes as there isn't a good way to store them and search them currently. You should try not_a_cat's cookbook. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=61405#p780438 You can search the database for ingredients, recipes, and feps on food. I'm not sure it is updated for the new world, but from what I can tell, FEPs on foods haven't changed much, just satiations.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby OtsukiYorauzo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:52 am

Is recruiting useless right now?
W7 - Crestfall
W8 - Crestfall
W10 - Pueblo Comedia
W11 - Hermit
W11 - Misplaced Caves
W12 - Insulated Gulch
W14 - Hermit
OtsukiYorauzo

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 am

OtsukiYorauzo wrote:Is recruiting useless right now?

No, but it's going to be slow as it'll be mostly new players, some vets who have been left alone at a village and looking for somewhere new, and a few jokers looking to make a mess of things.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Headchef » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:48 am

OtsukiYorauzo wrote:Is recruiting useless right now?

Best recruiting has always been ingame in my opinion..
Headchef

Postby Valgaav1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 pm

So the last time I played (world 9 i think?) Tea was a normal crop, apparently it's now a bush.
Do I have to find an existing bush to get seeds from, or is there another way like the WWW?
If have to find, what biome do they naturally occur in?
Valgaav1

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Valgaav1 wrote:So the last time I played (world 9 i think?) Tea was a normal crop, apparently it's now a bush.
Do I have to find an existing bush to get seeds from, or is there another way like the WWW?

That would actually be clear back to world 7.

You can either find a tea bush to get seeds from, randomly from ant dungeons, or trade for them. Best of luck finding them in the wild as you can "dig up" bushes (equip a shovel, use "dig" command on the plant). There are abandoned bases with them that should make it a bit easier.
MagicManICT

Postby Valgaav1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:25 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Valgaav1 wrote:So the last time I played (world 9 i think?) Tea was a normal crop, apparently it's now a bush.

That would actually be clear back to world 7.

You can either find a tea bush to get seeds from, randomly from ant dungeons, or trade for them. Best of luck finding them in the wild as you can "dig up" bushes (equip a shovel, use "dig" command on the plant). There are abandoned bases with them that should make it a bit easier.

Huh, longer ago than I thought.
So is there a native biome for them? I spent over an hour looking for one (including some abandoned bases) but kept only finding the similar looking elderberry bushes.
Valgaav1

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:28 pm

My suggestion is to get Amber's, Puru's Pasta, or Ardenne's client that supports highlighting specific shrubs, trees, and rocks and using it. Sorry, can't name a specific biome other than what is listed in the wiki, and it isn't considered accurate for such things. If you're on the western continent PM and we can arrange to meet somewhere to trade for some seeds.
MagicManICT

Postby Valgaav1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Found one.
it was in Red Plain biome.
Valgaav1

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?