Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Omnipotent » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:48 pm

uncleseano wrote:While I have ya does different Stam replenishment affect Energy loss or is it all the same?

Does say drinking water burn energy faster than normal standing around or sitting in a chair or is it all the same

Yes, drinking water will drain energy for every sip you take. The quality of the water affects how much energy is drained per sip.

For example: "Quality 10 water recovers 10% stamina and drains 20% energy per 0.05L sip. Higher quality water will decrease the energy drain but stamina recovery remains the same at all qualities."

Energy Drain Formula = Image

For more info, see the wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Water

Edit: To add... "Naturally stamina regenerates 10% per 10% energy."
Omnipotent

Postby uncleseano » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Right, so drinking 10q water is the same as Idle Stam regeneration. It only gets better at higher water qs

What about chairs. The wiki says its faster than idling but what about the energy drain? The same as say q10 water?
uncleseano

Postby Omnipotent » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:05 pm

uncleseano wrote:Right, so drinking 10q water is the same as Idle Stam regeneration. It only gets better at higher water qs

What about chairs. The wiki says its faster than idling but what about the energy drain? The same as say q10 water?

No, idle stam drain is 10% stamina per 10% energy. Drinking q10 water is 10% stamina per 20% energy. You drain energy at twice the rate by drinking q10 water than you would by idling.

As far as chairs go, I have no idea. Haven't really spent enough time in chairs to notice.
Omnipotent

Postby uncleseano » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 am

Omnipotent wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Right, so drinking 10q water is the same as Idle Stam regeneration. It only gets better at higher water qs

No, idle stam drain is 10% stamina per 10% energy. Drinking q10 water is 10% stamina per 20% energy. You drain energy at twice the rate by drinking q10 water than you would by idling.

As far as chairs go, I have no idea. Haven't really spent enough time in chairs to notice.

Ok thanks for the write up. While you are answering everything like a champ how do I get over the sting of having my claim nuked? I put a ton of LP into the damn thing, logged in and everything was gone.

Don't answer, in just whining
uncleseano

Postby VDZ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:27 am

uncleseano wrote:I put a ton of LP into the damn thing, logged in and everything was gone.

Don't expand until you've activated it (including charging it for a bit, easiest done with a discovery). You'll still lose the initial LP (assuming it's not your first claim) but it prevents wasting additional LP.
VDZ

Postby Doradus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:19 am

What does it mean when it says the area below is occupied while trying to place minehole?
Doradus

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:39 am

Doradus wrote:What does it mean when it says the area below is occupied while trying to place minehole?

there is some other object(s) under where you want to place it that block the ascent ladder. Shift it a few tiles in a direction to see if that helps.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Doradus wrote:What does it mean when it says the area below is occupied while trying to place minehole?

there is some other object(s) under where you want to place it that block the ascent ladder. Shift it a few tiles in a direction to see if that helps.

Could be boulders or player build structures (like stockpiles, walls, ...).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby uncleseano » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Do you guys build you palisade right inside your claim or do you extend your claim one square beyond your claim?
uncleseano

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:55 pm

uncleseano wrote:Do you guys build you palisade right inside your claim or do you extend your claim one square beyond your claim?

Always extend your claim one square beyond your palisade. People without claim rights are, under no circumstance, allowed to continue building palisades from your original corner posts.
If you would not extend your claim and forget/choose not to seal your cornerposts, people could then use this corner posts to build a new wall around your gates and effectively lock you on.
Vraatjuh

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?