Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Hrenli » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm

uncleseano wrote:Do you guys build you palisade right inside your claim or do you extend your claim one square beyond your claim?

People say it is possible to extend unsealed cornerpost if it is on the very edge of your claim (have not checked it myself though) even if you don't have vandal permissions on the claim. That gives bad people a cheap way to grief you. Also if you don't leave an extra tile in front of your gates someone could build a separate palisade their to lock you in.

Therefore having at least one extra tile around is considered a good practice.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby uncleseano » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Ok thanks guys, will extend it so
uncleseano

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 pm

uncleseano wrote:Do you guys build you palisade right inside your claim or do you extend your claim one square beyond your claim?

The claim one square beyond the walls also prevents someone from connecting a new wall to yours, cascading it when bashing the new wall (after it dried).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby NeoBasilisk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:12 pm

No one outside of your villagers can build anything on your village claim regardless of what criminal skills they have, right?
NeoBasilisk

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:No one outside of your villagers can build anything on your village claim regardless of what criminal skills they have, right?

That is how it should be, unless you allow it for the white group.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ricky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:26 am

Fostik wrote:As it was before with old siege claim system - if village claim has no authority, other personal claim shields will not count.

Will a Pclaim built before a Vclaim maintain its authority if the vclaim runs out?
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby kiddoinc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 am

HI! New to the game and kinda totally a newb. So I have built a palisade around my base and I'm expanding it now with a separate palisade encircling. This new set is going to have be touching the old set of palisades. is there splash damage like is there a point if the two sets of palides are so close?
kiddoinc

Postby Sevenless » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:50 am

kiddoinc wrote:HI! New to the game and kinda totally a newb. So I have built a palisade around my base and I'm expanding it now with a separate palisade encircling. This new set is going to have be touching the old set of palisades. is there splash damage like is there a point if the two sets of palides are so close?

If both palisades have fully dried, yes. Damage cascade will travel between the two palisade sets as if you built it all in one go.

Welcome to the game btw.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 am

Speaking of Palisades does the Cascade damage affect other stronger walls like brick ones?

If not do people build a Pali first and then slap a brick wall behind it?

EDIT: While I'm at it does artifice affect the ore that has already been mined? As in should my main have it or does the miner alt *have* to have it
uncleseano

Postby Hrenli » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am

uncleseano wrote:EDIT: While I'm at it does artifice affect the ore that has already been mined?

No. All ore bonuses are applied to it at the moment of mining. Bonus for faster smelting is visible if you hover the mouse over the piece of ore (well mined), quality bonus you see right away, other bonuses are hidden.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?