Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby shubla » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

LordBaal wrote:Why I can't make Encumbered Roast? Of course I know cucumber and raw flesh, but I haven't the recipe.

Because you miss frying pan discovery.
Thank devs for that!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby LordBaal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:03 pm

shubla wrote:
LordBaal wrote:Why I can't make Encumbered Roast? Of course I know cucumber and raw flesh, but I haven't the recipe.

Because you miss frying pan discovery.
Thank devs for that!

Thanx!
LordBaal

Postby discospaceman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 am

Can you have multiple "hand that takes" from a single slot in a barter stand?

Scenario: Slot 1 has one "hand that gives" in one container, with 3 "hand that takes" in 3 separate containers.
discospaceman

Postby Granger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am

discospaceman wrote:Can you have multiple "hand that takes" from a single slot in a barter stand?

Scenario: Slot 1 has one "hand that gives" in one container, with 3 "hand that takes" in 3 separate containers.

No. Each slot has exactly one hand that takes and one hand that gives.
Getting a new one from the stand deletes the one already existing in the world, similar to how store hats work when pulling them out of the fire.

You can have multiple hands in one container though, they'll ignore each other (a hand that gives won't sell other hands).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby T0ne » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:08 pm

What would happen if I dropped a large quantity of soil on a single tile/small area?

What if the tile is paved? What if the tile isn't paved?

Basically have an insane amount of soil stockpiles that I want to do something with/get rid of.
T0ne

Postby discospaceman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm

T0ne wrote:What would happen if I dropped a large quantity of soil on a single tile/small area?

What if the tile is paved? What if the tile isn't paved?

Basically have an insane amount of soil stockpiles that I want to do something with/get rid of.

If the tile is not paved, your terraforming will change and the ground will raise.

If the tile is paved, terraforming will not change.
discospaceman

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am

Just adventure>destroy the stockpile of dirt.

There is a limit to how high a vertex can be raised before it stops. Dropping more dirt there will cause the dirt to despawn instead of melding into the ground.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Evalunx » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:24 am

Can't find Washed-up Bladderwracks for credo. Explored all sandy beaches, Bladdderwracks don't spawn. Where can I get them?
Evalunx

Postby KitsuneG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:03 am

Evalunx wrote:Can't find Washed-up Bladderwracks for credo. Explored all sandy beaches, Bladdderwracks don't spawn. Where can I get them?

Now they spawn only on ocean beaches and scargard.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby carcanken » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:46 am

Is there anything that might cause animals I'm trying to tame to become unhitched? I've been stuck in the taming process for 3 days now with no combat cycles after the first one, with two animals hitched in the same pen (to separate hitching posts) both at 45% tame. I log in at least once every 6 hours minus a 8 hour gap or so to sleep, so I would think that I would have gotten a combat phase during this time.

The reason I'm asking if there's anything that might unhitch them is because, out of curiosity, trying to hitch another animal to the hitching post allows me to do so with no previous warning as stated on the wiki, "You can only tether one animal to a hitching post, attempting to tether more will display "This hitching post is already occupied" message."
carcanken

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?