Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm

pppp wrote:
yozzik111 wrote:I've changed my run.command (similar to run.bat on win) settings and now my map and all markers are gone. Seems like allocating more memory triggers some clean-up.
Any suggestions on how to restore my map data?

Not an Apple user, but it seems you somehow changed the place where java keeps temporary files so now it looks where there are none.

That a "run.command" is involved, this is for a modded client, yes? You might try asking in the appropriate thread about the locations of the data storage.

Otherwise, yeah, this is a distinct possibility. I know the standard client and the custom clients don't see each other's data by default.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm

yozzik111 wrote:I've changed my run.command (similar to run.bat on win) settings and now my map and all markers are gone. Seems like allocating more memory triggers some clean-up.
Any suggestions on how to restore my map data?

change the "https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/" to "http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/", or vice versa.
budzilla

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Finally found a cave just as my leather was done. Fixed up my backpack and bundlles etc and found a large ass cavern with Stalagoons. Huzzah all is well

So I took it to the NPC Rock and it's dead. No reaction except for 'Chip Stone'. Guess it means it's been borked by another player by accident/purpose.

Does that mean I'm shit outta luck and I gotta abandon the credo and lose my 10k?
uncleseano

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:08 pm

uncleseano wrote:Finally found a cave just as my leather was done. Fixed up my backpack and bundlles etc and found a large ass cavern with Stalagoons. Huzzah all is well

So I took it to the NPC Rock and it's dead. No reaction except for 'Chip Stone'. Guess it means it's been borked by another player by accident/purpose.

Does that mean I'm shit outta luck and I gotta abandon the credo and lose my 10k?

Got a screenshot? You must have delivered it to the wrong tree/rock. If a quest giver is killed, your quest fails or with credo's I assume a different quest giver would take over.
budzilla

Postby Hrenli » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 pm

uncleseano wrote:So I took it to the NPC Rock and it's dead. No reaction except for 'Chip Stone'. Guess it means it's been borked by another player by accident/purpose.

You have to right-click it with the shroom.

Edit: How on earth a new player is supposed to know that is beyond me.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Hrenli wrote:
uncleseano wrote:So I took it to the NPC Rock and it's dead. No reaction except for 'Chip Stone'. Guess it means it's been borked by another player by accident/purpose.

You have to right-click it with the shroom.

Edit: How on earth a new player is supposed to know that is beyond me.

That's it! Good man. I never would've figured that out and just presumed it was dead

Now I'll head off and try and recreate last worlds hermitage with a few extra bells & whistles

https://imgur.com/D1pR8yh
uncleseano

Postby Doradus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:40 am

Which stats affect the number of fish options with primitive casting rod? I thought it was Will but with 30 Will, i get only 1 option.
Doradus

Postby vasvaril » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 am

How can I make batter?
vasvaril

Postby Hrenli » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 am

Doradus wrote:Which stats affect the number of fish options with primitive casting rod? I thought it was Will but with 30 Will, i get only 1 option.

It is believed to be will and survival (and if so it seems to be not usual sqrt(whatever/10) factor). Also local fish nodes.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Draguslayer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 am

Royal throne, chair, really gives bonus FEP and hunger reduction as wiki says?
Draguslayer

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?