Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:28 am

springyb wrote:Can anyone confirm Brill actually still exist or if the wiki has the correct information?

yes, it exists. Fish are on a node system like everything else. Some fish exist in abundance in some areas, and are scarce or non-existant in others.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby springyb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am

MagicManICT wrote:
springyb wrote:Can anyone confirm Brill actually still exist or if the wiki has the correct information?

yes, it exists. Fish are on a node system like everything else. Some fish exist in abundance in some areas, and are scarce or non-existant in others.

Do you happen to know where? I've searched deep river/lake in parts of 2 different continents and 5 whole islands. I feel like maybe it's not a deep water fish like the wiki says.
springyb

Postby Grog » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 am

From my experience Brill is a rare catch and also tied strongly to gear and moonphases.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby uncleseano » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Does the amount of boards/blocks left in a tree trunk affect the HP or how many decays hits a dugout can take?
uncleseano

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm

springyb wrote:Do you happen to know where? I've searched deep river/lake in parts of 2 different continents and 5 whole islands. I feel like maybe it's not a deep water fish like the wiki says.

I don't remember the details (can check later when I am at home, had it written down together with the fish node location) for the daytime/line/hook/lure combo but I am pretty sure it was deep lake where I found brill. And if you are that desperate and still looking for it I can PM you the actual location (was not crazy high %% but reasonable at least).
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:14 pm

uncleseano wrote:Does the amount of boards/blocks left in a tree trunk affect the HP or how many decays hits a dugout can take?

I don't think there is a relation between log %% and dugout. I am pretty sure whatever the log was it will turn into 100% dugout.

And if your question is related to your death - dugout really stays in deep ocean just for a few seconds, it's not ocean-worthy vessel at all.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby uncleseano » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Hrenli wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Does the amount of boards/blocks left in a tree trunk affect the HP or how many decays hits a dugout can take?

I don't think there is a relation between log %% and dugout. I am pretty sure whatever the log was it will turn into 100% dugout.

And if your question is related to your death - dugout really stays in deep ocean just for a few seconds, it's not ocean-worthy vessel at all.

I'm already back up to speed and have the coords for some whirlies I'm just double checking before I get anymore surprises

EDIT: And while I have ya is Markmanship(Archery) and good for hunting or is that still kinda garbage?
uncleseano

Postby budzilla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
budzilla wrote:-Have pottery skill
-Harvested pipeweed
-Dried pipeweed

Can you make a cigar? (Also requires discovering dried pipeweed.) Are we sure it's only "pottery"? Of course, only other thing I can think of would be farming, and if you harvested pipeweed, you obviously have that.

Yes, I can make the cigar. My only guess at this point is it has to be hemp bud.
budzilla

Postby Omnipotent » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

uncleseano wrote:EDIT: And while I have ya is Markmanship(Archery) and good for hunting or is that still kinda garbage?

You're pretty much guaranteed to destroy the quality of anything you shoot because of the awful changes to it.

MM is pure garbage. The only reason to use a bow is when you are required to do so by quests.

Try different lures at different moon phases and times of day. Brill were a huge pain for me at first. My problem was the only lure recommended by the Wiki (Rock Lobster) was pure crap (I have since updated the wiki to include Pinecone Plug as a suggestion). I was only able to find a 1% brill spot at best using the Rock Lobster.

For fun I threw on a Pinecone Plug, and suddenly I had a 10%-20% chance to catch them in the exact same spot I was getting the 1% chance using Rock Lobsters.
Omnipotent

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:57 pm

budzilla wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
budzilla wrote:-Have pottery skill
-Harvested pipeweed
-Dried pipeweed

Can you make a cigar? (Also requires discovering dried pipeweed.) Are we sure it's only "pottery"? Of course, only other thing I can think of would be farming, and if you harvested pipeweed, you obviously have that.

Yes, I can make the cigar. My only guess at this point is it has to be hemp bud.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm going to PM this to jorb to make sure it's "working as intended."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?